FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: cold front fish  (Read 2142 times)

fishcharmmer

cold front fish
« on: May 13, 2019, 09:45 PM »

we got 16 today 3 gills over 9 and 13 crappie 10 to 11 1/2, water is 59 cooler but slowed bites  yet got these to hit.

netminder34

Re: cold front fish
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Nice catch.  I hope to get out later this week to a crappie lake I fished last fall.  I am seeing the bass bedding in my pond but have not seen any gill beds yet.  Are the gills in pre-spawn or have you seen them bedding?  Figuring the crappie are post spawn by now.

fishcharmmer

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Was back on the lake saturday got some crappie that's done and few still going with eggs plus gills fat and blown up with eggs times close!!!!!

netminder34

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Moved back to Mi last fall after a long time gone and into a new area.  Not sure the population of gills in the pond on the property we bought so I am going to try to get a rough estimate when they get on the beds.  Previous owner thought they may have fished them out but I caught and released a few last fall and had a few on the camera over the winter.  Bass numbers seem to be ok and size is decent so hopefully the gills are not hurting either.  going to head out to a few local lakes in the next couple weeks and do some learning and searching for some gills and maybe try for a few crappie also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.