FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smallmouth  (Read 4219 times)

oldschoolben

Smallmouth
« on: Aug 04, 2019, 09:25 PM »
I went fishing at a local Lake a couple weekends ago while we were launching a boat we noticed a bunch of small mouth that have been flayed out there was probably 30 Smallmouth that someone had caught and cleaned some of the three to four pound range, I have no issue with people wanting to take and eat fish but I talked to a local person who said it was just two people who caught and cleaned all those fish if everybody had that attitude of keeping everything you catch we would not have a fishery left why don't people listen and follow the regulations

Papa John

Re: Smallmouth
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Was it on Bitterroot?  If so, FWP regs are no closed season, no limit. Not much can be done about that

oldschoolben

« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:12 AM »
No it wasn't there I'd rather not say because I don't want others to go there and clean them out there is a limit on this body of water

oldschoolben

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:13 AM »
What pisses me off the most is people's attitudes, they think that they have the right just to go catch as many fish as they can and keep every single one of them if everybody had that attitude our Fisheries would be depleted and our kids and our grandchildren will have nothing to fish for

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2019, 07:14 AM »
And just so everyone knows that reads this post fish and game is trying to up the Smallmouth limit to 15 a day and open the spawning closure if this happens all we will have left is a bunch of dink small mouth plus a lot of people can't tell the difference between a smallmouth and Largemouth or so it seems

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.