FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2nd annual Bob Harkins Derby, June 26, 2005.  (Read 2869 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
2nd annual Bob Harkins Derby, June 26, 2005.
« on: Jun 26, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Well was not alot of boats out. Here is a pic of the starting boats.
[/img]
Some of you PG boys will recognize this as West Lake.

Probably about 140 entrants.
Here is one of my fishing buddies in his boat. He is not on Mff cause he doesn't have a computer.
[/img]

Here is my fishing partner today (my son) with one of the 407 fish we caught in 4 hrs. They were all that size except for a few a little better.
[/img]

We just went for the coarse fish and left the trout alone. All were caught in 3 to 6 ft of H2O. We were just going for prizes. My son got a St Croix fly rod and reel, I won a 12V battery, and buddy Tom won 100 2X4s. They were surprised we caught that many. The COs came over and checked out my Marmish rod and size 24 gold hook. They were amazed at the number we had and if they didn't chat so long we would have been over 500. And they had to check over the fish. They finally gave up after sifting thru the 5 gallon bucket. It really was one fish after another. Blew 2 rods as line twisted and wouldn't come out, luckily I had 6 ready to go.

grumpymoe

Re: 2nd annual Bob Harkins Derby, June 26, 2005.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 26, 2005, 08:56 PM »
TGF....awesome pics....especially the bigguns!!!!.......too bad the CO's visited....you could have stuffed 406 down your pant leg and told them you caught only ONE.......you're just not thinking bud!!!!.......now get out there and show us proud.....Grump ;D

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
Re: 2nd annual Bob Harkins Derby, June 26, 2005.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 28, 2005, 09:15 AM »
My buddy went to that derby but he didn't win anything. Had fun though ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.