FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dippin Minnies  (Read 5321 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Dippin Minnies
« on: Jun 01, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Any of you guys dip your own minnows for bait?

Each morning I take a long walk and part of it is on the canal path. It's about 1.5 miles from where I start to the lock in Macedon. I've noticed that the lock is boiling with bait. So...I bought an umbrella net from Fish USA ( crazy good service by the way) and did a trial dip the other morning.

One drop and I pulled up 4 dozen bass minnows 1 1/2 to 3" long. So.....tomorrow morning I'm gonna dip my bait for the day to play with bass and crappies. Nice part is, I can put them back when I'm done.....in the same exact water.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

seamonkey84

Re: Dippin Minnies
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Why is this in the cooking section?! Well in Maine, the only thing things we are allowed to dip are smelt, and most people Do it to eat them 
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Why is this in the cooking section?! Well in Maine, the only thing things we are allowed to dip are smelt, and most people Do it to eat them

Good question.

Bob?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Oh...I just posted where I was I guess.

All endeavors explode eh Mac ?

I have no intention of trying to keep minnows. Dip, fish, return.....that's it. Ain't none of them coming home with me.

Winter time I can keep fatheads for several days....if I'm fishing. There's two totes of night crawlers surviving and growing very nicely in my basement. Minnows are way too perishable to try to keep.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:43 PM »
Dip my smelts in hot oil...   8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:48 PM »
That must hurt!
Haven't fried smelt in more years than I can remember. Of course, I can't remember what I had for lunch.

But I remember they were good.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.