FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 8th annual Stuart lake fishing derby.  (Read 2717 times)

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
8th annual Stuart lake fishing derby.
« on: Jul 05, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Hope alot of us BCers can get out for some good fishing. With this rainy, windy weather and the systems passing thru has made for some excellent fishing. I was fishing in the Stuart lake tourney for rainbows. Alot of nice fish caught by myself, my partner Tom, tbone (whom will post some monster fish this year, right Tim?)and his dad. We all fished some of the hot spots around my cabin. Lots of boats out. Had to keep your line only 20ft down otherwise you would have too many laker hook ups which didn't count so waste of time playing with them. We did catch a couple in the last 20 mins as the wife wanted a few eaters. So we dropped to 40ft. Here is a little 6 lber.
[/img]

Some rainbows:
[/img]

[/img]

On a sad note someone went overboard on Saturday as was quite rough, they are still looking for the body and holding hopes he is alive. I saw 4 boats circling that area in the afternoon and thought maybe I should go try there because they had been in the area quite awhile. The next day the RCMP showed up with the dive unit and Search and Rescue with their plane searching the lake. Then I knew something was wrong. I met the fellow that went overboard and hold hopes that he will be found but it doesn't look good. Yes fishing can be a hazardous sport.

On a better note my partner won it (on my good coaching ;D). 7.74lber. So 5000.00$ for some happy PG boys. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
[/img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.