FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: shrooms anyone?  (Read 1353 times)

fishogger

shrooms anyone?
« on: Apr 10, 2021, 09:18 AM »
i went out this morning to scout turkey for up coming season. found the turkey out in the field where they supposed to be.  i decided to look a bit for some shrooms while i was out.  still a bit early but couldnt hurt.  no morels poppin yet.  i did however score a couple walmart sacks of ramps though!!!!  i noticed a group of them, then i noticed they were all over as far as i could see.  ill be going back to dig those suckers in a day or two.  yum  they are fairly common around my area.

anyone else dig ramps?
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

https://xyz.frankspeech.com/  one america news-still a free press

fishinjohn

Re: shrooms anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2021, 10:00 AM »
You call em ramps... we call them leeks.. same thing...
We eat the snot out of them...
Make leek dip..leek cheese..
Lots of leek sausage leek snack stix leek bologna
Good stinky stuff!!!!!!!

fishogger

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:31 AM »
yea they stinky for sure.  lol  they are common around here.  i dont hear many talk about them and i dont advertise.  just about and old flat woods have patches of these in them.  as long as they dont get harvested heavy they will stay like that. 

yesterday i fried up a bunch of dandelion flowers.  i dont hear much about that either.  they have loads of nutritional value in them!  i soak mine in salt water a while then dry them out on towel.  dip in thin onion ring batter then shake in andys and pop in the fryer just couple min.  there are plenty of those around her too.  :D

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:37 AM »
only shrooms ive found were a couple false morels.

fishinjohn

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2021, 07:26 PM »
yea they stinky for sure.  lol  they are common around here.  i dont hear many talk about them and i dont advertise.  just about and old flat woods have patches of these in them.  as long as they dont get harvested heavy they will stay like that. 

yesterday i fried up a bunch of dandelion flowers.  i dont hear much about that either.  they have loads of nutritional value in them!  i soak mine in salt water a while then dry them out on towel.  dip in thin onion ring batter then shake in andys and pop in the fryer just couple min.  there are plenty of those around her too.  :D
I've always wanted to try those fried dandelions but never have

fishogger

« Reply #5 on: Apr 30, 2021, 06:46 AM »
lots of healthy things in them.  give them a try john.

Snitch#8

« Reply #6 on: Apr 30, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Haven't found any morels yet and never looked for ramps, in fact wouldn't know one if I saw it!  I did find some very tight fiddle heads.  I'll have to read up on ramps in order to see what they look like and where to find them.  Anytime you can find something out in nature and "not" have to buy it in store, is a win win for me!  I was told that a friend of mine found about 25 nice morels in his backyard, so they much be starting here in Mid-Michigan.  We really need a few more nice rains and some 70 degree days to get them popping!
As Always, Take Care and Stay Safe!

fishinjohn

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2021, 03:31 PM »
Haven't found any morels yet and never looked for ramps, in fact wouldn't know one if I saw it!  I did find some very tight fiddle heads.  I'll have to read up on ramps in order to see what they look like and where to find them.  Anytime you can find something out in nature and "not" have to buy it in store, is a win win for me! 
Seriously go for a walk in the woods..Hone search on areas that's slighter wetter than others especially areas where water drains down the hill... This time of the year if you have them in your area it looks like green fields in the woods.. cannot miss them!!!!
My area we call them leeks and man o man THEY ARE PLENTIFUL

gotagetm

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30, 2021, 04:02 PM »

Can any of you " shroomers" tell me what kind these are there on a beech tree in my lawn in dansville

fishogger

« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2021, 04:23 PM »
look up beach polypore.  that be my guess.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.