FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42942 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #150 on: Mar 03, 2022, 01:40 PM »
Some pics from our war on clutter.
You couldn’t find the walls or floor when we started clearing this corner of the building.

The new grinding room. A work in progress. This fall we’ll put a ceiling and sliding door in as well as heat and insulation. The loft above will be abandoned. Possibly dismantled.

Some of the mowing equipment staged. Once all the reels are assembled and installed they’ll be positioned and the floor will be marked out for each machine’s parking space.

Stairs came out great. I’ll finish the handrails tomorrow.

18 days till we start up. Tick tock!
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #151 on: Mar 03, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Very tidy. ;)
 Always easier to find stuff..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #152 on: Mar 03, 2022, 02:55 PM »
The three of us were talking the other day. I said that we are the only ones who are gonna know where anything is come startup time.

Lord help the individual who leaves stuff where it’s not supposed to be. It’ll be a three sided assault.
It’ll definitely take some teaching….maybe even some training……rolled up newspaper style.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #153 on: Mar 03, 2022, 03:30 PM »
Yeah I wouldn’t want to be that guy… :o
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #154 on: Mar 03, 2022, 04:04 PM »
Pretty much the way I ran my cabinet shop and my lighting crews. So…I’m all in.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #155 on: Mar 03, 2022, 09:19 PM »
Nice, looks like lots of great progress. Definitely be off to a better start this year.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #156 on: Mar 04, 2022, 04:28 AM »
A way better start to this year. A full crew and a plan with equipment that’s been thoroughly serviced and repaired. I’ll be very happy to get out of the shop and on to the course. There’s a lot of work to do out there.
Sunday’s warmth and rain should clear all the cart paths so we can actually tour the course and assess conditions.
Suits me just fine.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #157 on: Mar 04, 2022, 12:19 PM »
Got the railings built, loft cleaned out and tires moved for storage.

Moving forward.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #158 on: Mar 04, 2022, 12:49 PM »
Lots of usable space up there ..👍

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #159 on: Mar 04, 2022, 01:40 PM »
Come fall we’ll store course stuff up there for the winter. Benches, signage, washers and such. We’re also putting equipment parts , turf paint and such up there in the first bay near the stairs. Can’t believe they used an extension ladder to get up there since 1987.

The clock is ticking and we haven’t run out of stuff to do….nor will we.

iceman260

« Reply #160 on: Mar 04, 2022, 02:20 PM »
Looks great , nice to have a neat space to work in

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #161 on: Mar 05, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Looks like it will be an easy upkeep once the other crew members see how easy it is to find everything amd not waste time. Good looking shop for sure way to go getting it all cleaned up and ready for this season, wish my shop was that way just needs work and self discipline on my part to get it there.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #162 on: Mar 05, 2022, 02:21 PM »
The super, my son and I are all on exactly the same page. Organized work space, organized work.
All we have to do is get 8 other workers somewhere in the same book.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #163 on: Mar 10, 2022, 02:11 PM »
Spent the morning putting shrink wrap sleeves on all the bunker takes and spare handles. The handles are fiberglass and getting kind of splintery. The shrink tube made them look like new.

Moved an abandoned plow truck, towed out a dead fairway sprayer and started to recover a York rake buried in the weeds. Super got the backhoe stuck. Hopefully it’ll freeze up enough to get it out in the morning.

Refurbishing bird houses tomorrow I think. First outdoor priority will be cleaning up the downed trees and clearing out around the maintenance buildings. There’s so much stuff to do outside. It’ll be great to move away from shop renovations to tending the course.

10 days and it’s game on.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #164 on: Mar 11, 2022, 05:08 PM »
Bob did you ever think of turning/hollowing houses out of say a 6” or bigger round by how ever long you want them from those trees?
 Put an angle on top for a solid top and a drop bottom to clean them out in the fall? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.