FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Never had this happen  (Read 2577 times)

oldschoolben

Never had this happen
« on: Jul 11, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Went fishing a couple days ago looking for some Pike, We must have had 30 Pike follow our lures to the boat , but wouldn't eat , tried the figure 8 trick tried casting behind the lead lure to follow so the would have a second bait trailing , they would either not do anything or just swipe at it ,same with top water ,just look at the lure maybe just come up and hit it but not eat the lure, tried everything to get them to commit, I have had Pike do this before but not that many in just a outing, has anyone else had this happen?

oldschoolben

Re: Never had this happen
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Its been a weird year for me as far as Pike goes, even this ice season , I don't ever remember so many flags tripped on my tip ups with no hookups, I counted 16 flags one day and that was just me, Noticed most other fisherman was having the same issues, this was a all season thing, no telling how many times it happened

PikeKing23

« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2021, 08:10 AM »
My first guess would be added fishing pressure is educating the fish. With more and more people fishing due to covid, the fish are seeing more lures and getting "smarter".

fishinator

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Try some glide baits or suspending sticks. Sometimes the pause gets them

missoulafish

« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2021, 03:24 PM »
to warm?

oldschoolben

« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2021, 07:56 PM »
Could be,  I'm sure the pressure has something to do with it, but I've always been able to figure them out in places that gets hammered more than this place,  been having one of the best years for bass , caught several bass 5 plus pounds including  6 last week, but the Pike from ice fishing till now just been off

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2021, 08:18 PM »
Very slow retrieve with some pauses may work

oldschoolben

« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2021, 08:59 PM »
I tried that and everything else, lol

oldschoolben

« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2021, 09:05 PM »
A lot of the times they follow a lure to the boat and not eat , having 2 guys working as a team can work one guy casts then the oner cases behind him they will hit the follow up lure Quite often, I tried about every trick and tactics I know, I'm not bragging but fishing is my passion I read. I google I fish 4 days a week and most of the time no matter how bad the fishing is I can be productive, just saying as far as the Pike season has been, just been really weird,

oldschoolben

« Reply #9 on: Jul 12, 2021, 09:09 PM »
I even tried throwing a weightless sinko when I saw one and 99 % of the time they will eat that so fast  you barley have time to click your gut

oldschoolben

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Your bail

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.