FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bighead carp control fleet in Arkansas  (Read 1704 times)

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

Re: Bighead carp control fleet in Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2021, 09:43 AM »
super bad problem all over!  while back they caught 2 of them in lake michigan.  if there were 2 there are way more.  i sure hope they dont do it like the picture shows. would not surprise me though.  article states they dont know how they are going to rig the boats yet. isnt that just the way gov. works. lol  maybe they can ship the catch down to the boarder to feed the millions of illegals and terrorist flooding in our country now.

and 2 boats is hardly "a fleet".  ;D

Are you sure they found 2 IN Lake Michigan? I hadn't heard that or read that.

I'm not sure they could be a problem in the Great Lakes as there may not be enough phytoplankton -- especially with the mussels filtering the water.  Probably would stick to the bays if at all.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2021, 01:01 PM »
twice they have been found past the barrier that supposed to keep them out.  in 2010 and 2017 i believe.  that means they could swim to all the great lakes.  actually im surprised that no idiot has dropped some in erie.  there are people out there that would do such a thing.  a swamp here keeps them from getting to the maumee from the bash.  if there was a huge flood that would be all over!

Can you post a link that they are actually IN Lake Michigan itself? I'm not finding it.  The closest thing I can find is DNA in the water which isn't 100 percent. I think you might be misunderstanding this.

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Sep 02, 2021, 09:27 AM »
it was several years ago so no i dont have the link.  if i remember rite it was 2 occasions a couple years apart.  i think the phrase was "found past the barriers".

If it happened it would still be on the Internet for sure.

This is the closest thing I could find back in 2019.

Notre Dame University scientists recently detected carp DNA on the lake side of the barriers, which could indicate the carp have already passed them and the effort is either too little or too late.

ICEHOLE

Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.