FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Orvis fly reel and assorted (dry) flies  (Read 2168 times)

mowbizz

Orvis fly reel and assorted (dry) flies
« on: Sep 19, 2021, 06:43 PM »
Back when I was keeping my boat on Winni, the marina found a tackle box which went unclaimed and they offered it to me as I was fishing quite a bit.
I was cleaning my.basement this weekend and found the box under a pile of stuff.
If anyone would like like to have it, you’re welcome to it. I don’t fly fish anymore.
PM me and we can make arrangements.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Orvis fly reel and assorted (dry) flies
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2021, 06:50 PM »
What  a nice gesture. Hopefully some kid ends up with a box of stuff to fly fish with.

Kudos to you.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2021, 06:51 PM »
Well done! You are the man!

I could use it, but I do not NEED it. I look forward to seeing someone get it and using it to the fullest. Nice work my friend.
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2021, 04:39 AM »
I found this note at the CT/Halls Stream parking lot a couple weeks ago. Feel sorry for the guy. Maybe someone on the site might be able to help him. I looked around but didn't find anything. He could keep the money if I found it... Your Orvis would be a nice replacement for him he sounds like an older fisherman.

mowbizz

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2021, 10:12 AM »
I found this note at the CT/Halls Stream parking lot a couple weeks ago. Feel sorry for the guy. Maybe someone on the site might be able to help him. I looked around but didn't find anything. He could keep the money if I found it... Your Orvis would be a nice replacement for him he sounds like an older fisherman.

I’ll give him a call… thanks!

mowbizz

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Just called Mike Walsh and he was very appreciative of the call (he’s in Florida now) but he said “it’s not the gear but the sentimental value” of his lost rig.
He happens to be a fishing guide in Florida and he has many rods and reels.
He also said his reel, which is no longer made has been sighted on a NH stream (I think he said Hall Stream) and he believes some kids grabbed it and sold it to someone else. He is on his way home soon and he and some friends are going to try and track it down.
The search for a worthy recipient continues!😂

Steve H.

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2021, 12:10 PM »
Would  be curious to know which Orvis reel you have there.  The older CFOs (made in England) fetch a pretty penny on eBay and the like.

And good on you for paying it forward.  Hope you find a worthy recipient.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

mowbizz

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2021, 12:40 PM »
Would  be curious to know which Orvis reel you have there.  The older CFOs (made in England) fetch a pretty penny on eBay and the like.

And good on you for paying it forward.  Hope you find a worthy recipient.
I’ll check it out…😊

mowbizz

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2021, 12:50 PM »
It’s an Orvis Battenkill
Pics:

AquaAssassin

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2021, 03:01 PM »
Great reels, I have the same one
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #10 on: Sep 20, 2021, 04:46 PM »
Just called Mike Walsh and he was very appreciative of the call (he’s in Florida now) but he said “it’s not the gear but the sentimental value” of his lost rig.
He happens to be a fishing guide in Florida and he has many rods and reels.
He also said his reel, which is no longer made has been sighted on a NH stream (I think he said Hall Stream) and he believes some kids grabbed it and sold it to someone else. He is on his way home soon and he and some friends are going to try and track it down.
The search for a worthy recipient continues!😂

Mo that is a "Class Act" that you called him. I know Hall Stream quite well. I have a few friends that live there. I'll contact them and see if they might have some info. If I was a betting man (only on football) I would bet that Mike gets it back. Don't mess with "Old Guys".

KingPerch

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20, 2021, 07:11 PM »
I hope the “ old guy” gets his gear back!!😎. 

Very nice gesture, mowbizz!! Real standup!!!😎
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

mowbizz

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2021, 07:33 PM »
Mo that is a "Class Act" that you called him. I know Hall Stream quite well. I have a few friends that live there. I'll contact them and see if they might have some info. If I was a betting man (only on football) I would bet that Mike gets it back. Don't mess with "Old Guys".

You’re darned tootin’!! I’m not as good as I once was but I’m as good once as I ever was! 😂🤣

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.