FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Major Dilemma  (Read 846 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Major Dilemma
« on: Oct 21, 2021, 11:43 AM »
This old big bird house has been 20 something feet up in this ash tree for a long time.  I always knew there were flying squirrels in it.  The house fell off this spring and a branch went right in the entrance whole.  What’s the odds of that?   Well today was planed to cut it down and split the wood thinking they moved out….
  But guess who is still living in it…..   Now what?    :o

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

Re: Major Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Need to put a new house in a different tree

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Trying to get my neighbor to come up with his bucket tractor so I can get in it and take this one down and move it over to another tree next to it..   I don’t climb extension ladders anymore….. ;)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2021, 02:31 PM »
They clearly are honed in on that particular house, I would definitely try and salvage it. Also be careful when handling it to wash well afterwards, we have some around my house too and they are neat as hell, but oh boy do they have some scary diseases associated with them and their dander.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2021, 02:40 PM »
Yeah I would miss them.  This is one squirrel I don’t mind them using my bird feeders… ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2021, 02:58 PM »

I had a family of flyers for several years come and feed , I would rattle a can and they would glide in for dinner , sadly they are MIA

Dirt23

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2021, 05:45 AM »
They're cool little critters feel lucky they live outdoors though.  I caught 28 of them in a matter of two months under my wife's kitchen sink back in the day when we started dating.  They're very doscile could pet them in havaheart and spoon feed them water, none were harmed and I know I wasn't catching same ones for they were relocated about 16 miles with large River in-between. My grandmother requested they be dropped at her house and I asked if she was sure because they can be destructive her reply is I don't care I'm old enough that it will be the rest of the family's problem not mine.  I now live across the road from there and can hear them at night in the maples 10 years later

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.