FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Holy crap! Debit card fraud attempt before card is even activated!  (Read 1156 times)

taxid

I got a fraud alert from my bank earlier in the week. Charges I didn't make and we cancelled the debit card and I awaited a new one. This morning I get another fraud alert that charges have been made against a card with the last digits I don't recognize, and I'm wondering how can someone try and hack a card I cancelled anyway?

Turns out the card with the digits I didn't recognize is the new card I haven't even received in the mail yet or authorized!

How about that?

No lost money from the checking account for either card as the bank was suspicious and didn't not allow the transactions to occur.

Anybody have this happen?

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

meandcuznalfy

Dam, that sucks, had a card jacked years ago and called the bank and they took care of it, but shut off my old card, leaving me without any money and the bank was a hour away.

Badbrad2186

Not on an unactivated card but have had to cancel 4 cards since the new secure chip cards have come out

iceman260

Never had it happen to me but my father had his stolen when in the hospital for days. Thief worked in the hospital and bought cell phones with it. Can't trust anyone.

taxid

Never had it happen to me but my father had his stolen when in the hospital for days. Thief worked in the hospital and bought cell phones with it. Can't trust anyone.

I knew a guy that had motel employees try and steal he and his roommates wallets on a fishing trip.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
I’ve had a couple cards shut down by my bank. It’s been years since. They were both due to multiple “penny”charges from foreign countries. I was told that the thieves test charge before they go for the whole account.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

bummer Cecil!

No worries. Was just blown away that they tried to hack a card before I even got it in the mail and activated it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.