FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any one been hitting the Chu?  (Read 2601 times)

stripernut

Any one been hitting the Chu?
« on: Oct 31, 2021, 01:13 PM »
I am thinking of fishing the Chu, Monday afternoon, with all my other spots running a bit high at the moment... Any intel anyone willing to share? Or if anyone would like to join me?

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Any one been hitting the Chu?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2021, 05:29 PM »
went today for 2 hours and got 4 on metals. water is high but still navigable in most areas.

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Thanks.

Ryan51993

« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2021, 06:57 AM »
I went this past week with shiners, just wanted to sit back and catch a couple. Got a 4lb smallie and a couple big rainbows, one of the rainbows was around 4+ lbs got a pic but I didn't weigh it. Saw a guy catching smallies consistently, I'm talking like 5-6 big fish in 15 minutes then he left and I never caught up with him. Wish I knew what he was using. Also saw a big laker on a stringer, probably 6-8 lb. Plenty of action to be had out there.

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2021, 08:56 AM »
Very nice bow. 
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

stripernut

« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Thanks for the info!

Dieseldog13

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2021, 05:24 PM »
Is that a Rainbow or a football? Nice fish.

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2021, 09:00 PM »
Made it down for about an hour and had a few hits, but did not land anything... Had to cut the trip short to sign some paperwork on my new (to me) Pathfinder, needed to be able to tow a bigger boat and cart around my 4 grandkids...

ICEHOLE

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2021, 05:43 AM »
Made it down for about an hour and had a few hits, but did not land anything... Had to cut the trip short to sign some paperwork on my new (to me) Pathfinder, needed to be able to tow a bigger boat and cart around my 4 grandkids...
What year pathfinder?  They do tow a fair amount for a cross over. I worked for Nissan for about 5 years, more recently on service end. Most importantly, assuming you are driving a later model with CVT, change the CVT fluid every 30k! It's expensive but those transmission are glass, more so in nissans 4cyl applications
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2021, 07:10 AM »
What year pathfinder?  They do tow a fair amount for a cross over. I worked for Nissan for about 5 years, more recently on service end. Most importantly, assuming you are driving a later model with CVT, change the CVT fluid every 30k! It's expensive but those transmission are glass, more so in nissans 4cyl applications

X2 on the CVT.  Congrats on the new to you ride!

stripernut

« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2021, 04:15 PM »
2018 Pathfinder SWV V6 CVT w/ Xtronic, Came with the tow package and looks like it has not been used. 34,000 on it and will get the CVT fluid done soon. Thanks for the tip.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2021, 06:05 PM »
I always liked the way they looked.  Sold a couple of them years ago.  It'll definetly do what you need it to.  Nice ice season ride. 

stripernut

« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2021, 07:53 PM »
We have had nothing but good luck with Nisson, including the Pathfinder we had years ago. Most days the wife will drive the Pathfinder to cart around the grandkids and I will drive the Rogue with its better gas mileage for work. I Traded in my Murano, so I could tow a heavier boat... Now the search is on for the boat!

ICEHOLE

« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2021, 05:33 AM »
We have had nothing but good luck with Nisson, including the Pathfinder we had years ago. Most days the wife will drive the Pathfinder to cart around the grandkids and I will drive the Rogue with its better gas mileage for work. I Traded in my Murano, so I could tow a heavier boat... Now the search is on for the boat!
Not saying nissans are bad by any means, but we were doing transmissions non stop while I was there. It got to the point where extended warranty companies were looking for a way to exclude CVTs from non premium extended service contracts.
Muranos, for what ever reason we did not do transmissions often  at all. 80% of them were rogues. But Nissan does sell rogues to muranos probably 20-1.
I found most failures happened during highway driving, in warmer weather. Seemed once the snow melted and Temps started reaching 70s the tow trucks started to show up.
If you need any help with it, or questions feel free to reach out, I still have connections with Nissan.
Also if anyone has a Hyundai or kia, and you have mechanical issues, I can help.
Of you think you are out of warranty, I may be able to help
Good luck with the new ride Alan, congrats
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

stripernut

« Reply #14 on: Nov 03, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.