FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Still Chugging Along  (Read 721 times)

bogtrotter

Still Chugging Along
« on: Nov 06, 2021, 04:45 PM »
The leaves are falling from the trees, and the  thermometer is dropping, but I borrowed my younger son's hip boots and walked my "milk run" from Mullen Mayflower to a little below Elm Rock on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail along the South Hoosic in Adams from 10:15 to 11:30 AM today.

It was sunny but pretty cold this morning - - just 22 degrees when I got up, although the temperature rose to about 32 when I started fishing and had risen to 38 by the time I finished.

I didn't have any action until a little below the footbridge, where I caught a 10" brown a little, and then landed a 12" rainbow by Old Stone Mill. 

Further downstream, I lost a 14" rainbow by the confluence of Dry Brook, but made up for it by reeling in a 13" brown in the same spot, followed by a 13" rainbow beneath the small waterfall above Elm Rock.

However, there weren't any hits after that, so I headed over to the parochial school that my kids have attended to help out at the pierogi bee for their annual fundraising bazaar. 

After completing my shift at the pierogi bee, I took a crack at Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams from 2:30 to a little after 4 PM.

By this time, it had warmed up considerably (to 48 degrees when I finished), but the fish just weren't cooperating - - over an hour and a half yielded just two sunfish and one 12" rainbow.

lowaccord66

Re: Still Chugging Along
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2021, 07:16 PM »
A fine day for fishing Jim.  I am enjoying the lack of wind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.