FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Obituary for Crestliner  (Read 1490 times)

bogtrotter

Obituary for Crestliner
« on: Nov 18, 2021, 10:07 AM »
I spotted this on Crappie.com and thought I should share:

Richard Daniel Steinbock passed away on Monday, November 9, 2021 peacefully at home surrounded by his family at the age of 76. Richard was born on February 12, 1945 in Holyoke MA, the son of the late William R. and Mabel (Dupré) Steinbock. He was raised and educated in Holyoke MA. He attended Holyoke Community College.

Richard was honorably discharged from the US Navy after serving as a 193 Radio Operator on the USS Shelton during the Vietnam War. He earned a National Defense Service Medal, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, and Vietnam Service Medal with two Bronze Stars. He retired from a successful career in manufacturing management.
Richard was an avid outdoorsman. In his younger years, he enjoyed hunting, fishing, target shooting, and camping.

He spent much of his retirement time fishing on Quabbin reservoir with his fishing buddy Walter, who he had known since high school. He was a member of and ran the newsletter for the Easthampton Rod and Gun club for several years. He enjoyed participating in on-line fishing forums and made friends with many fellow fishermen. He loved his grandchildren and they loved him, their Pepé, especially when he took them fishing.

See More: Obituary for Richard Daniel Steinbock | Graham Funeral Home & Cremation Services

Mac Attack

Re: Obituary for Crestliner
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Sorry to hear.
RIP

Thanks for posting.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2021, 12:34 PM »
Rip.  May he catch endless PB's in the afterlife.

iceman260

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2021, 06:33 AM »
R.I.P. Richard, condolences to family and friends.

scooper47

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2021, 07:14 AM »
I talked with him a couple of times at MAAnglers lunches in Southampton. He was a dedicated sportsman.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2021, 01:15 PM »
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. I assume he was active here? If so what was his avatar name?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2021, 04:07 PM »
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. I assume he was active here? If so what was his avatar name?

I believed he used the same "handle" on this site as Crappie.com.

I think he was moderately active on this site, and a little more so on Crappie.com (or I may have that "reversed").

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.