FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lotp fishing  (Read 1371 times)

2fish4ever

lotp fishing
« on: Jul 09, 2005, 11:57 PM »
just returned from a 3 day trip at lotp with my 11 year old son/buddy.lived up to all my expectations and more.we received great weather and excellent fishing.I knew of no landmark's or fishing location's,so we were relying on skill and lady luck.the 1st day we got on the water at about 2pm after finding the provincial park boat launch.we fished with bottom bouncers/spinner rigs.tried various baits such as leeches,worms,shiners,power bait and gulp.nothing was really better than the next except keeping the boat between 3.5 to 4 kph.the fish liked the speed and in about 5 hours we caught about 50 walleye between 16 to 21 inches.day 2 we would try for larger fish.trolled crankbaits at about the same speed.caught larger fish up to 24 inches but not as many.threw on a couple 6 inch storm plastic shads at the end of the day and we caught 23 and 24 inch 'eyes back to back.we had numerous hits on the shads,but had a hard time with hook up's.day 3 brought dead calm waters.today we tried vertical jigging humps in from 12 to 34 feet of water.i put on the big shad again with my son opting for a 1/4 oz jig/power bait/leech combo.he was to be going for number's and me for quality.I caught the first fish.a chunky 16 inch 'eye with a bigger eyes than stomach.then my son proceeded to land a 27inch and then a 25 inch walleye back to back.i stuck it out with the big bait until he was up on me 10 fish to 1.I decided to down size after his seminar.This worked with both of us catching fish till the heat got the better of us.can't wait to go back again someday,but the 4.5 drive is a bit much for a day trip.i guess we'll just have to suffer fishing lac du bonnet,lake of the woods and the whiteshell.P.S. if someone would be so kind to tell me how to post some pictures on here,I would like to show some of my son's fish.thank you.

grumpymoe

Re: lotp fishing
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2005, 07:33 AM »
Awesome report!!!....You have Mail!!!!!  Grump ;D

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
Re: lotp fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2005, 08:50 AM »
There's a sticky at the top of the Fishing Pictures forum which has an explanation on posting pictures.  If that doesn't work, let me know and I can provide guidance.

Sounds like a good time on the water.

Derek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.