FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Budd Lake  (Read 2702 times)

DukeOfTrout

Budd Lake
« on: Mar 17, 2004, 01:16 PM »
Anyone fish Budd Lake in the spring or summer?
Where is a good place to cast from? (assuming you don't have a boat)
Is the Route 46 side the only place?

jyoung

Re: Budd Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2004, 03:36 PM »
The rt 46 side is your deeper area, If your looking at the lake from rt 46, the right side of the lake is deeper.
There is an area over there that is about 11 or 12' deep but that lake is an average depth of 6'.
Let em go and let em grow, Jeff
Carl Spackler: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

DukeOfTrout

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2004, 05:29 PM »
Jeff,
Do you suggest NOT fishing Budd Lake? 

jyoung

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:51 PM »
I havn't fished there in a couple of years so I wouldn't be a very good judge of wheather or not you should fish there.
I do know that when the state puts out thier nets they get alot of pike out of there.
I  target muskies so I really don't take the time out to go and fish for the pke there, But if I was going after pike than I would fish there or spruce run.
Good luck, Jeff
Carl Spackler: We can do that. We don't even need a reason.

Mkid

• FISH ON........
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:56 PM »
If you can fish it from a boat there are a couple of small creeks that come in from the oposite side of rt. 46 i would fish there now for pike. Budd lake fishs way better through the ice than any other time.My biggest pike there was 13lbs, 15 oz through the ice. in three feet of water. but a friend usually would get  one close to 16lbs. every year. he also would fish it every day. We would fish with three guys on a sat. and one of us would pull a 9-10 lbs pike there every time. the fishing was great there three years ago, but has slowly tapered off....I didn't fish there at all this year. but my friend did and did just ok. .He won't even look at the place in the summer when the name changes to MUDD lake. a real ugly piece of water with all the boats whipping around in circles....In my opinion theres a ton of better places to fish in the summer especially if you just fish from shore....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.