FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Welcome bacl Mr. Bertuzzi!!!!!  (Read 4520 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Welcome bacl Mr. Bertuzzi!!!!!
« on: Aug 08, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Well they made it final today. the tuzz is back in it. I think he only missed about 20 to 30 games but because he was suspended he also was unable to play in the Worlds for Canada last go round...

vancouvercanuck

Re: Welcome bacl Mr. Bertuzzi!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Hockey is a much better place now that Bert is back. :bowdown: :bowdown:
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Welcome back Mr. Bertuzzi!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2005, 09:59 AM »
I agree, its about time....Im not even a Canucks fan...but definetly a Bertuzzi fan

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Looking at your other post I wouldn't had figured you weren't a Canucks fan. ::)
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2005, 03:09 PM »
I'd also like to welcome back Big Bert!! 8) 8) 8)

butterworm

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2005, 09:41 AM »
lets all welcome him back. and lets see who else's career he can end.

blaque

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Oiy Veigh   :-\ Ill keep it at that

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Moore got a punch in the head like he desereved because of his DIRTY hit on Naslund. If he would have turned around and fought Bertuzzi like a real man he probably would still be playing hockey today. (after his broken nose and two black eyes healed that is :'( ;D)

blaque

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Its all nonsense.......These guys finally achieve something that millions can only dream about..........and strive for, .......to play the sport of hockey and represent the greatest league and sport on the planet, and there idiotic enough to piss it away and disrespect it with barbaric and childish bursts of violence. There punks that dont deserve to lace up a pair of skates.   I think ill go back into the fishing threads where theres a little less Chest pounding going on.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Chill blaque :) No chest pounding going on here just calling it how I saw it. BTW I wasn't trying to get you all riled up ;D You say you like hockey right? I do too  man!! As long as there has been hockey there have been scraps and big hits to go along with the sweet plays and nice goals.I like all of the game.You are right about some guys that don't have any place in the game because of dirty play...........some would argue Moore was one of those guys.Bertuzzi is not a dirty player and he can make the pretty plays and put the puck in the net.Do you not agree that Moore should have stepped up for giving Naslund a cheap shot? I seriously think he would still be playing if he did!

blaque

« Reply #10 on: Aug 16, 2005, 12:51 PM »
Sorry, guess i got a "mean on" for a bit there. Very touchy subject for me though. Ive dealt without the game as we all have for quite some time now, and its been missed to say the least. And behavior like that, I hate to sound cliche', but its just gonna bruise the image of the sport. Now, dont get me wrong, when theres an honest one on one, eye each other up , drop the gloves, i gotta admit, im the first one out of my seat. A good tussle, couple harmless jabs. Yeah, its a part of the excitement of the game. But when a guy is laying on the Ice in a pool of blood, unconscious, from a stick to the back of the neck, or an unsuspecting elbow to the face at the blueline.......its just ridiculous. I dont know where a guy even gets that kind of a streak in him.......how do ya look yourself in the mirror with that kind if mindset to intentionally rip someones head off. (Im speaking in general here, not just the bertuzzi incident) Call it overboard, and i know it kind of is, but whats next.......somebody gonna pack a 9mm in there shoulder pads and start pointing guns. Yeah thats extreme.........obviously, but i think thats the kind of mind that pulls some of the stuff that some of the on ice wackos have in the past. They blame it on the passion of the moment, and say they just lost their heads, or "that wasnt me you saw out on the ice".....my persona switched into a different mode........well, Exactly, you couldnt handle the moment, you couldnt curb your temper......so whats next when you get involved in a passionate, emotionally revved up moment.....i dunno man, its just crazy. Raising a nephew in the game right now, doesnt have me all that warm and fuzzy about the character that some guys have inherantly in the game, and even more scary, that some guys are Taught. Messed up to say the least. And i dont want to just pick on hockey.......but im doing so because its the only sport Im that close to. I will say, one thing positive about bertuzzis situation, is the incredible amount of remorse he showed after the incident. People make mistakes. Im a firm believer in that.........and your right, it isnt in his nature or persona.  By the way, i was initially referring more to the "lets see who else's career he can end" comment. Its all good trophy, now if you'll excuse me i need to go settle down with a couple fishng threads lol ! Peace

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #11 on: Aug 16, 2005, 01:18 PM »
 ;D Cool man! I'm just pumped about hockey this year!! ;D

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I will admit that when I first started this post I was wondering how long to would take for someone to be upset by his return.

Like mentioned above mistakes happen, I feel he has paid his debt and i Welcome back a very talented hockey player. As for Moore, I think his hit on Naslund was much dirtier then what bertuzzi did to him, but a freak accident turn things around. I dont understand how Moore has the nerve to go to court after this, and what he attempted to do to Naslund....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.