FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: the story of a HARDCORE fisherman...  (Read 9406 times)

Aaron Wiebe

the story of a HARDCORE fisherman...
« on: Sep 26, 2005, 07:44 PM »
***Some of the images in this post are not approved for younger audiences and Ac***
Had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with Reelmaster and TrophyHunter for the day yesterday...suprisingly, these flatlanders can actually fish!!! 8)
The Portage boys must have got up at 3am or EARLIER  :o , because they arrived at my house just after 4:30am. We were on our way by 5, and put the boat in to find some very thick "GPS conditions."

After a long boot up the river, over the border into Barb Country, we began fishing, and after a few minutes we had a nice 37" fish in the net...

And then the magical moment came....Reelmaster strapped on a brand new beautifully barbed bucktail, wound up, and THUUUUUMP...TrophyHunter's creativity took over, as the entire river system was graced with a series of newly invented curse words  ;D

After the initial excitement subsided, the first thing TH said was, "Let's keep fishing"....ummm you do realize there is a LARGE fishing lure hanging out of your head, eh..."well then get it out, I got some big pike to catch"...so after ten fruitless minutes of trying to push it through or cut the hook off, we decided we would have to look for some help, thankfully we found a bit of civilization with some good sidecutters, and we were right away back to fishing
Ready to fish:

....and without any exaggeration, it was no more than 5 minutes or 5 casts later that I was netting a masterangler sized pike for the newly-pierced fishing freak :D :

The crazy tarzan victory screams were some of the best I have seen, they just barely edged out Dman's from last week 8) 

Reelmaster with another nice one:

TrophyHunter and I and Reelmaster's index finger  ;)

Here is a bit of the evidence from the 8 minute session we could tolerate fishing for rough fish.  ;D

never give up...

followed by some more "GPS conditions" -driving back in the dark  :-X

So after a long day of fishing, we rushed TH to emergency care...and luckily the cameras were rolling...

a little revenge

leaky brain juice

Dr. Hook-out

freeeeeeeze

emerging hook point

entry and exit wounds..

it was a blast guys!!!  :D  8)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
Re: the story of a HARDCORE fisherman...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 26, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Wow! Monster pike, beauty 'eyes, and a cool scar to boot. What more could you want?  Awesome guys!!!

rainbow

• life is short...... go fishing.....
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2005, 08:05 PM »
WE MERE MOTALS ARE NOT WORTHY AARON  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2005, 08:09 PM »
that looks like it was a hole lot of fun, i had a hook stuck in my finger last year hurt a little but i got the large mouth ;D
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Wallywhacker

• Work is for days I'm not Fishin or Hunting!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2005, 08:29 PM »
truly dedicated :thumbup_smilie: nice pics!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2005, 08:41 PM »
All I have to say is  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: You the man trophy  :flex: :flex: :flex: :flex: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: I have now heard it all. Reelmaster you owe him lot's and I mean lot's of beer buddy. Aaron you are truly one of the best guides out there man. from a guy that I once wanted to boot across any lake I must now say or show this  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:  truly awesome pics guy's and trophy congrats on your trophy :w00t: :w00t:
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #6 on: Sep 26, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Wow, Reelmaster your first cast produes quite a lunker eh? Holly molly looked painfun. :pinch:
TrophyHunter, man, you are one dedicated angler, way to go. :thumbup_smilie:
Those are all great looking fish guys, That first pike of Trophy's is a beauty, lol, like in the mouth shot, that's the last thing many many smaller fish may have seen comming at them.
Where did you guys go for your lunker fishing action, I am not sure which border you crossed?
Hope you heal quickly Trophy. ;)
Good guiding Aaron Wiebe :)
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2005, 11:19 PM »
BW your right man Aaron was an awesome host! It was a pleasure to meet and fish with him he definatly put us onto some good fish 8) I'm lucky I got the hook in the back of my head and not my eye or neck etc..............  :pinch: There was no way I was going to stop fishing first thing in the morning either on such a primo river like that :cookoo:  I will be back there!!!!!!!!!! (minus the bucktail piercing!)

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2005, 06:32 AM »
Body piercing by Reelmaster..... :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:...all I can say is it's a good thing it wasn't Miss Walleye!!! ::) TH....great job toughing it out.......Aaron....awesome guiding and pics.....as usual...memorable trips.....Grump :bowdown: :bowdown:

Hookset

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Dude, gnarly photos.  Beauty toothies, but your flesh and skull are a little tough to stomach in the morning.  WOW, TH, you're definitely a trooper!!  Tougher than most of the guys I knew in the Army.  NEVER STOP FISHING!!  Great photos of your noggin!  Surprised the Dr. let everyone in to photo-journalize the events.  Tight lines!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Great fish you guys got yourselfs there. Looked like a nice day to be out on the water going for some lunkers. Thanks for sharing.

P.S. Hope you got a tetnis <sp? shot for that wound. ;D
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Deposit

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Nice wolf! and by the way OOOUUUCHHH!!!!! :wacko: your a though dude :flex:

Reelmaster

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2005, 12:26 PM »
I know I wont be hearing the end of this for a very long time, but it was my first time using a bait caster reel and hucking those big baits took some practise. Oh well Hopefully TH forgives me and is feeling better now. I cant say enough for the hospitality of Aaron. Get guy and an awesome guide. Thanks a million for the trip that will be remembered for a lifetime.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #13 on: Sep 27, 2005, 12:44 PM »
WOW, WOW, and WOW.   :o those are some awesome fish and h#ll of a free piecing.  :blink: But, to go all day with a mild  :-\ headache like that and all the colorful words fling only.  ;) Looks like a totally memorable trip indeed. Glad you had an awesome Fish On! day and great company.  :thumbup_smilie:
Priceless  :w00t:
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2005, 02:04 PM »
TH you're kicking some a$$!! Way to go buddy!! Hangin in there like only a real sportsman would! Yeah!! You got some great northerns there buddy keep up the good work! 8)
KRIS

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.