FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Following the Fish Stocking truck?  (Read 8057 times)

crazycrawler

Re: Following the Fish Stocking truck?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 27, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Like a lot of you I've seen the same abuses. The stream down the hill from my house here in central NY gets stocked and I see cars come then leave after 15 minutes then come back a half hour later and leave and repeat this all day. If lucky there is a hard rain that makes it unfishable for a few days and it disperses the fish. The taste isn't  that, that bad to me. It seems more a texture difference to me. A lot of people think salmon at a restaurant are wonderful and good for your heart but don't know most of them are raised in cages on pellet food that even gives their flesh an orange/pink color. I too prefer the wild trout from the feeders of the stream below my house but I don't look down on the hatchery trout, just the unethical people we're all talking about.

WANNAKETCHUM

• Ya gotta love it!!!!
« Reply #61 on: Mar 27, 2006, 11:59 PM »
As far as I'm concerned....People can eat them fresh out of the bucket if they like...it's not about TASTE...TEXTURE...or anything else. It's about sportmen's dollars spent to raise the fish that I'm concerned about. There will always be some mortality on any given stock...but do what you have to do to reduce that factor. If you help ANY state agency...DEC...DNR...PBFC...whatever, consider your fellow sportsmen and try to put these fish in to your local stream(s) with a minimal of loss...WK
Just one more cast!!! Just one more cast!!!

Ice Dawg

« Reply #62 on: Mar 28, 2006, 09:46 AM »
When I lived in Colorado people would follow the stocking truck. Their reasoning was that they paid for the stockers with license money. Stocking was callled put and take fishing and  they were just doing the taking like they were supposed to.    :cursing: :cookoo: :nono:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #63 on: Mar 28, 2006, 12:01 PM »
Heres an example of the shoots they use to stock trout here in PA. (pics were taken during 2 different stockings)

Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #64 on: Mar 28, 2006, 12:42 PM »
I have never seen them stock through the ice. That is cool. 8)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.