FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Massachusetts Fishing Regulations  (Read 29986 times)

FishingNewEngland

Contributing blogger at www.wickedfishah.com

Dana

Re: Massachusetts Fishing Regulations
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Glenn, get the net!

Dana

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Glenn, get the net!

fishingkid97

• Fish on!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2012, 01:13 PM »
I knew in previous years that 15-17 year olds had to buy minor's licence but it says that it is now free because I turn 15 in April so is this true I found that on license pricing page please help
Let's play the fish

88fishing

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2012, 11:48 AM »
pritty sure you will need a licence as soon as you turn 15

fishforbass

« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2012, 01:57 PM »
I just did this for my daughter. Age 15-17 need to get a license.
The state says this is FREE. However when you get all information entered and get to the end, the state charges a $1.55 charge for administration fees. What a scam.

cerfur

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2012, 07:40 AM »
1.55 for a 15 to 17 year olds fishing licence isn't a scam its wonderfull 15 years ago I think it was 15 dollars I understand the surcharge for processing I think its wonderfull so we can get more kids fishing studys show kids who fish and hunt stay out of troubble and the fact that Massachusetts has figured this out is incredible!

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #8 on: Apr 05, 2012, 10:35 AM »
When do they usually update the saltwater regulations? I've been looking to see what the fluke size/limit is going to be but it hasn't been posted yet? Here's where I'm looking, is there a better place to find the info where it's updated sooner?

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/recreationalfishing/rec_index.htm#finfish

pickled herring

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2012, 01:36 PM »
I have the regs as of 4/12/12 fluke may 22 - sept 30  16.5" with a 5 fish limit. I googled mass, salt water regulations....

Lake Raker

• SteveK
« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2012, 05:41 PM »
They posted them a week or so ago, finally. Thanks pickled herring.

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
« Reply #11 on: Apr 08, 2013, 12:04 PM »
I just did this for my daughter. Age 15-17 need to get a license.
The state says this is FREE. However when you get all information entered and get to the end, the state charges a $1.55 charge for administration fees. What a scam.

It's a "convenience" fee because you used your internet connection to purchase your license with your money.

Oh, and the real slap in the face is that the fee is paid to an out-of-state company, so that money doesn't even stay in this state.
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #12 on: Apr 10, 2013, 01:34 PM »
It's a "convenience" fee because you used your internet connection to purchase your license with your money.

Oh, and the real slap in the face is that the fee is paid to an out-of-state company, so that money doesn't even stay in this state.

Government at its finest! 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

rdhammah

« Reply #13 on: Nov 05, 2014, 07:03 AM »
be careful of the marine fishing regs on the MA website. they are NOT updated when they make changes during the year.

stripernut

« Reply #14 on: Nov 05, 2014, 09:40 AM »

Government at its finest!

It is called "Out Sourcing", it is about saving the Government money... Now that we have been doing it for years, most of the time it has proven to cost us more for less...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.