FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wachusett  (Read 5106 times)

CatchAndReleaseColin

Re: wachusett
« Reply #30 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Heard from the guy at the bait shop the Rangers are picking up the patrols to nab the poachers that go in early. Evidently it was really bad last year.

Well - I'm not sure I'd label them poachers as much as light trespassers - but, yes, they put signs up at every gate. Early goers will get nabbed this year

CatchAndReleaseColin

« Reply #31 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:23 PM »
Fair warning

Baitbucket

« Reply #32 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:27 PM »
Well - I'm not sure I'd label them poachers as much as light trespassers - but, yes, they put signs up at every gate. Early goers will get nabbed this year

Trespassing with the intent of catching fish or other game is the definition of poaching lol.

Nothing better than getting there early, waiting at the gate like you are supposed to, high tailing it to your spot as soon as the gate opens, only to find a couple guys all ready there with their camp all setup and lines all ready out..

CatchAndReleaseColin

« Reply #33 on: Mar 31, 2017, 12:59 PM »
Trespassing with the intent of catching fish or other game is the definition of poaching lol.

Nothing better than getting there early, waiting at the gate like you are supposed to, high tailing it to your spot as soon as the gate opens, only to find a couple guys all ready there with their camp all setup and lines all ready out..

Grow up. On this sight and every other - you are a short, skinny, unsmiling, crybaby. Lol.

Baitbucket

« Reply #34 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:02 PM »
Grow up. On this sight and every other - you are a short, skinny, unsmiling, crybaby. Lol.

Must have struck a nerve....

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
« Reply #35 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:09 PM »
I'm not sure being rude, immature, and belittling is the right approach.

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

flyfish413

« Reply #36 on: Mar 31, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Aaaand back to fishing...

So thinking about taking the first trip ever tomorrow. What's the over/under on snowfall up there? Weather Underground is saying 12-16 and NOAA is like 6 to 8. Contemplating making the sloppy drive in the morning which I'm sure will be littered with accidents and take 2 hours at least.

Wind is looking to be brutal, what's the angle? Seems to be plenty of prime looking areas that would put your back to a northeast wind. But is wind in your face a better play, casting between gusts?

Baitbucket

« Reply #37 on: Mar 31, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Most are holding out hope that the snow accumulations are wrong. Winds are supposed to be 15-20 with gusts up to 40. If you plan to float bait youll want the wind to your back. Wind in your face sucks, but is supposedly the better fishing, as the wind/waves push the bait to that shoreline. Where theres bait, theres predators. If u plan to sling lures all day, that may be your better bet.

westernmas

« Reply #38 on: Mar 31, 2017, 02:22 PM »
So are you not allowed in Wachusett at night even if you are NOT fishing?  I understand the rangers want to ramp up patrols with the first day of fishing but I would think they would allow you to get to your spot at any time as long as you are not wetting a line.  I'm just looking for some clarification.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Baitbucket

« Reply #39 on: Mar 31, 2017, 02:36 PM »
So are you not allowed in Wachusett at night even if you are NOT fishing?  I understand the rangers want to ramp up patrols with the first day of fishing but I would think they would allow you to get to your spot at any time as long as you are not wetting a line.  I'm just looking for some clarification.

Here are the regs:
http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/water-res-protection/watershed-mgmt/general-rules-and-regulations-concerns-public-use-access.html

"2. No Person is allowed within any land of the Watershed System, except from one hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset, unless authorized by a written permit from the Commission or its designee."

Breaking them is pretty ballsy considering:

"10. Any violation of 350 CMR 11.09 will be deemed sufficient cause for revocation of fishing privileges for a period of time not less than one year from the time of violation."

But then again, if they are not following the regs to begin with, they probably wont adhere to the ban either..

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #40 on: Apr 01, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Fished the basin this morning casting krocks no takers will be back there tomorrow hopefully better weather. Good luck to all.
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

lowaccord66

« Reply #41 on: Apr 03, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Guy next to me last year got a ticket for going in early. (He should have never turned on his headlight  ;D ) No other punishment.  Will you ought to become a ranger seeing as how you habe such a vested interest in the actions of others.  

I skipped the chu and was rewarded with no other people on the lake and a 22" laker. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.