FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: At Last, the Rain Has Come  (Read 833 times)

bogtrotter

At Last, the Rain Has Come
« on: Jul 18, 2022, 08:22 PM »
I haven't caught any brook trout in a while, so I got out on a local private pond for about 20 minutes early this evening.

At that point, it was about 73 degrees, and was sprinkling when I started but had upgraded to a light rain by the time I finished.

During that time, I was pleasantly surprised to catch two 12" and one 13" brookie. 

(The last time I was there, it had appeared to have been largely "cleaned out since the last kids fishing derbhy a couple weeks earlier, and I figured it would have only gotten worse since)..

he largest of the three fought like a true palladin, and even managed to strip line from my reel agains the drag at one point.

Later on, when I left for pool after dinner, the rain was coming down in a steady drizzle.

By the time I left pool to drive home, the thermometer had fallen a couple degrees, and the rain had graduated to a full blown deluge. 

(I can testify to that because my windshield wipers had a hard time keeping up with the downpour).

This is precisely the sort of good soaking that we need to recharge the local streams or revive the fishing. 

Hopefully, the rain will settle down so that it lasts all night, while stopping short of resulting in any actual flooding.

taxid

Re: At Last, the Rain Has Come
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2022, 08:44 AM »
A friend in Mass says the heavy down pours are brief and then it's back to the heat. Glad you're getting rain out there!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bogtrotter

Re: At Last, the Rain Has Come
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2022, 08:33 PM »
A friend in Mass says the heavy down pours are brief and then it's back to the heat. Glad you're getting rain out there!

Yes, we just had another brief - - but heavy and refreshing - - downpour earlier this evening.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.