FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any schoolies on Joppa?  (Read 839 times)

Steve H.

Any schoolies on Joppa?
« on: Jul 28, 2022, 12:50 PM »
Probably a dumb question as it's almost August, but any schoolies still being found on Joppa or everything moved out?  Looking to do some early morning fly casting this weekend on the early AM flood tides.  Just a chance at a few small fish on the fly would make it worthwhile.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

westernmas

Re: Any schoolies on Joppa?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2022, 01:43 PM »
I know they are getting them on the Brewster flats but no intel up that way.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2022, 03:55 PM »
I guided fly fisherman for many years every day on Joppa flats and I am sure there are some fish there... In the AM fish up by American Yacht Club and you will do better. Are you wading or in a boat? A kayak or canoe will put you on many more fish just a little ways out... 4:30 to 6 am is your best time in the morning... Best of luck.

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 29, 2022, 09:18 AM »
I've got a small boat that I launch at Cashman's.  Yeah, I plan to launch before daybreak as I always do.  I generally fish 4-8 AM on a high to outgoing tide, when I can line that up.  Usually fish the east side of Woodbridge Island but I've fished up by the yacht club before.  Thanks for the input.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Steve H.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 29, 2022, 09:22 AM »
I know they are getting them on the Brewster flats but no intel up that way.

I've heard good things about Brewster flats.  Definitely on the bucket list!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.