FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Like Wallowing in Tepid Bathwater  (Read 1010 times)

bogtrotter

Like Wallowing in Tepid Bathwater
« on: Aug 07, 2022, 04:37 PM »
I was in the mood for small mouth bass, so I headed to Chicopee to fish the river there.

It was another hot day - - even hotter than yesterday (I believe it hit 97 degrees) - - and wet wading (along the lines in the caption above) was the order of the day.

I fished from 1:30 to 3 PM upstream from the Davitt Bridge (between the dam and the stepped waterfalls) and then below the railroad trestle downstream from there for another hour.

My haul for two and a half hours of fishing was four small (6" to 8") and four big (14" to 17") bass - - with all of the larger ones and one of the smaller ones caught just below the stepped waterfall.

stripernut

Re: Like Wallowing in Tepid Bathwater
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2022, 07:16 AM »
A great effort in the heat... Do you ever fish at night?

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2022, 07:24 AM »
A great effort in the heat... Do you ever fish at night?

For all practical intents, and purposes, no, I don't like the idea of stumbling around the dark on slippery rocks in the middle of a stream.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2022, 08:49 AM »
The increase in the size of the fish is worth it to me and I have only ever broken a couple of ribs in all my years of doing it... If I am fishing in a very rocky area, the cleated boots come out... If you would like to get some big bass some night I will take you to an area that is easy to walk (just lots of it).

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2022, 10:24 AM »
Better than a skunk!  Long ride though isnt it?

bogtrotter

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2022, 11:38 AM »
Better than a skunk!  Long ride though isnt it?

Yes, it's a long ride - - but I had an errand that I had to run down that way, so I was (thankfully) able to kill two birds with one stone.

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2022, 11:40 AM »
The increase in the size of the fish is worth it to me and I have only ever broken a couple of ribs in all my years of doing it... If I am fishing in a very rocky area, the cleated boots come out... If you would like to get some big bass some night I will take you to an area that is easy to walk (just lots of it).

Thanks for the kind offer.  I'll bear it in mind - - although I'm not sure when I'll get the opportunity to take you up on it.

You're on the coast, aren't you?

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2022, 01:03 PM »
Wish I still was, I am in Athol now, just North of Quabbin. It is about an hour and 20 min. drive from North Adams to fish the Q.

bogtrotter

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2022, 01:55 PM »
Wish I still was, I am in Athol now, just North of Quabbin. It is about an hour and 20 min. drive from North Adams to fish the Q.

Oh, you're not as far away as I thought.  Maybe I will get the chance to fish with you one of these days after all.

You're certainly lucky to have the Quabbin, the Swift and the Deerfield all in relatively close proximity to where you live, even if the salt is now much further away.

stripernut

« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2022, 02:22 PM »
Let me know when you want to work it out...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.