FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett  (Read 10333 times)

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
Re: Wachusett
« Reply #15 on: Jun 04, 2004, 05:47 PM »
I used to spend a couple of weeeks a year on Lake salem in the summer  great fishing 

jf5

« Reply #16 on: Jun 08, 2004, 11:59 AM »
Trout,

We had a great time catching bullheads, nice perch, and pickeral. We fished mostly for walleyes but only got one. No trout or salmon either.  Where did you catch walleye on the lake?? Any in Little Salem?

bassfisher32

« Reply #17 on: Jun 10, 2004, 06:19 AM »
on the main lake there is a underwater island there and in little salem we got them were the river enters the lake.

jf5

« Reply #18 on: Jun 10, 2004, 10:45 AM »
Thanks.  I am looking forward to getting back up there and trying it again.

bassfisher32

« Reply #19 on: Jun 10, 2004, 08:44 PM »
im hoping to get up there in the next month ill let ya know how we do

jf5

« Reply #20 on: Jun 11, 2004, 08:48 AM »
Yeah, definitly let me know how you do!

Good Luck, and don't forget about Lake Seymour if you want to change it up.  Some great bass fishing there as well as slmon and lakers.

I'll be at Wachusett this weekend, so I will let you know how that goes. 

bassfisher32

« Reply #21 on: Jun 12, 2004, 07:12 AM »
were is lake seymour? sounds fumiller?

jf5

« Reply #22 on: Jun 14, 2004, 09:29 AM »
Lake Seymour is in Morgan between RT111 & 105 only a few miles from Derby. Has big browns, lakers, and salmon. But the smallmouth fishing is underated and oftern overlooked in the persuit of other species. If you have a boat, you might want to check it out.

Sunday I spent the afternoon at Wachusett from 1-9pm. The mid day was slow, but the evening made up for it. Caught and released a pair of 12" rainbows, an 18" lake trout, 2 10" bullheads, and 3 midget smallmouths. Also got 3 nice white perch that weighed 1Lb 0oz, 1Lb 2oz, & 1Lb 10oz.  One of the rainbows and a all of the perch and cats where caught on puffed crawlers. The laker was caught on the bottom with a minnow, and the other rainbow and the smallies where on the Thomas spinner.     

bassfisher32

« Reply #23 on: Jun 15, 2004, 08:01 AM »
thank for the info im gona go to the wachusett today thanks agan

jf5

« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2004, 09:19 AM »
No problem. Good luck and let us know how it goes today.

bassfisher32

« Reply #25 on: Jun 24, 2004, 05:04 PM »
one smallie today off rt 70 .    4.12 pounds on a crayfish

jf5

« Reply #26 on: Jun 25, 2004, 09:00 AM »
Nice fish!!

Heres my report from Sunday 6/20...

I convinced my brother to head out to Wachusett to fish the very end of the day in hopes of getting some more big white perch. We got to the rock at 6:30 (after I broke a rod tip on the way in) and promptly set up the 4 rods with puffed crawlers on the bottom in that 20-35ft range. My brother missed the first run. Soon after, one of my rods pop. I set the hook and start to fight the fish. Soon, I find the fish fighting alot harder than I expected. I yelled to my brother that I suspect it to be a big smallmouth and to get the net. "It certainly isn't a white perch unless I have the new state record", I joked with him. As I played the fish towards the rock, it started to cut accross the other lines, as they are very close together. I hopped 2 of the other rods to try and get a good postion to land the fish. After several minutes of battling the fish, I pulled it up to the side of the rock. I peak down and see this bautiful landlocked salmon, easily in that 22 inch/4lb range. In true salmon fashion, he caught a glimpse of me at the same time and promptly took off. The first lunge I asborbed well, but right after that he made a real hard jump and quickly severed the 6lb test leader. I then watched him do a quick loop and then dash for the depths. I stood on the shore quite dissapointed, but was a bit glad that I got to get a glimpse of such a beautiful fish. I hadn't caught a decent lanlocked salmon in so long, I almost forgot just how awesome they really are.
  We contined to fish until 9pm. I got a nice holdover rainbow about 15", a pair of 10" smallies, and a foot long bullhead. We missed a few other runs. Was a great day that could have been better if we only landed that salmon, but thats the way it goes.

bassfisher32

« Reply #27 on: Jun 28, 2004, 07:53 AM »
nice i got 2 salmon last year out of the stillwater one keeper barely one at 14 inches nice fight going agan today
               do you know any thing about th first place you can fish on the rt 70 side  thats were i got the bass the other day ever had any luck there.

jf5

« Reply #28 on: Jun 28, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Yeah, I belive that is Flagg Cove that is right at the corner of RT 140 & Rt70. The drop off just off of Diamond Hill Rd have some nice waters for smallmouths. In fact, the whole shoreline is great up to and including Adams cove.

Fisehd the deep water off of RT110 Sunday. 10am-2pm, and only got one midget bass.

bassfisher32

« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2004, 10:58 AM »
NO FISH ALL DAY [YESTERDAY MONDAY} SLOW WEEK NEAR CLINTON  ON RT 70   NICE COVE WITH 2 SMALL ISALANDS CAN FISH HALF OF SHORE LINE ON RIGHT AND ALL ON THE LEFT  GOT LAKERS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.