FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusett  (Read 10332 times)

bassfisher32

Re: Wachusett
« Reply #30 on: Jun 29, 2004, 11:00 AM »
NO FISH ALL DAY [YESTERDAY MONDAY} SLOW WEEK NEAR CLINTON  ON RT 70   NICE COVE WITH 2 SMALL ISALANDS CAN FISH HALF OF SHORE LINE ON RIGHT AND ALL ON THE LEFT  GOT LAKERS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER

jf5

« Reply #31 on: Jun 29, 2004, 01:01 PM »
Yeah, Wachusett seems slow right now, but the bass should pick up soon. The rest of the fishing will get harder until the weather cools this fall. On the plus side, the pumpstation is on, so you may be able to catch some salmon down there.

bassfisher32

« Reply #32 on: Jun 30, 2004, 06:40 AM »
thanks im gona go check it out today     [wed         ]  went out last night on fort medow res in marlboro last night jumping every were just not on my hook lol
   on another note were do you like to fish on lake salam in vt

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #33 on: Jun 30, 2004, 07:28 AM »
Do you all want me to merge this thread with the lake fishing report thread?

jf5

« Reply #34 on: Jun 30, 2004, 09:17 AM »
Fat Boy, thats up to you. Its fine with me although I think that we are about to go off topic.

Yeah, Bassfisher, I don't get to fish Salem that much. I usually fish it on the ice. I like to fish just off the mouth of the river that connects the two ponds right where the shallow water meets the drop off.  I would have to admit that the ice fishing was pretty slow. I mostly caught perch, but one time I caught a short salmon. This past June was the first time I fished it on open water and we concentrated mostly on the southern shore along VT 105, as we had a row boat with broken oar lock. So we couldn't stray too far.  As you probably know, there is a large shallow falt. One the flat starts to drop off, there is a weedline there. We did well with big perch and small pickeral, but no walleyes. We did manage one walleye though in about 35ft of water towards the lakes western shore.

I wanted to try little Salem at the mouth of the Clyde and off course the sunken island on teh big lake, but couldn't with the boat we had. I do plan to try these areas from a canoe this weekend. 

bassfisher32

« Reply #35 on: Jun 30, 2004, 03:48 PM »
LET ME KNOW HOW YA DO   TRY THE READS  BOTH SIDES ON LITTLE SALEM

jf5

« Reply #36 on: Jun 30, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I will let you know how it goes. Hopefully the waters will be calm enough for us to work the whole lake!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #37 on: Jul 01, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Okay, no problem.  I'll leave it be.  If anyone ever wants me to merge threads, split topics, merge, whatever, then just IM me and I'd be happy to do it. 

bassfisher32

« Reply #38 on: Jul 02, 2004, 06:40 AM »
thanks fat boy your doing a great job keep up the good work

jf5

« Reply #39 on: Jul 06, 2004, 10:27 AM »
Bass, fished Big Salem 3-6 and little Salem 6:30-9:30pm 7/4. Didn't get much excpet a bunch of perch and a miniature pickeral.  On little S we fished the area near the mouth of the Clyde. Other boats where there, but not much caught walleye wise. 

bassfisher32

« Reply #40 on: Jul 07, 2004, 06:20 AM »
ok we leave the 15 for there i think we are going to focus on little salem   went to a pond {small} called bruce's pond in hudson mass got 6 large mouth   bigest was about 4 1\2 pounds

jf5

« Reply #41 on: Jul 07, 2004, 11:10 AM »
Good Luck.  Let us know how it goes. I will be back up there at the end of July trying again.

bassfisher32

« Reply #42 on: Aug 19, 2004, 10:36 AM »
did you get back up to vt?   got a nice smallie behind the old church today

jf5

« Reply #43 on: Aug 19, 2004, 12:51 PM »
Bass,

Yeah,   Went back up in late July. got alot of time off aligned for the fall trout and walleye fishing up in VT.  Heres my report from July....

7/31

Fished the Missisquoi River in Westfield, VT at 2 locations Saturday afternoon, 2-6pm. It was very hot and muggy with temps in the high 70's, but the overcast skies and rain made fo decent conditions. Levels where good and the water was cold. The first location had some good runs and pools, but ended up being a bust. The second location, right near the Lowell/Westfield line was very good. Many twist and turns in the river here creating lots of decent holding spots for trout. The brown trout didn't really cooperate, as I only hooked one small one that I lost. But I did get two nice native brookies on the spinner. They where 10 & almost 12 inches long. Left the fishing early to go to Kingdomfest V to cook some london broil, drink beer, and chill out to some music.

8/1

After some breakfast we headed south to fish the Connecticut River. We stopped at McIndoe Falls power station to fish out the afternoon heat from 2-5pm. The sun was blazing with the temps over 80, but the powerstaion was pumping cold water and the fish where hitting. Lost one nice smallmouth bass about 16" right away, later catching a few midget ones. I also got a 16" fallfish, and three rainbow trout. Two of the rainbows where nice fish in that 15inch range, with the third being a small 8" fish. Saw a mink in the water. Also got to see a pair of ospreys fly over. One dropped down to the water and grabbed a fish right in front of us!!

We left McIndoe to fish the CT river again, this time at Wells River. I got there at 5:30, and fished until 8:40 pm. Landed four walleyes 14-17" long. Got 3 off them on free lined crawlers, and the other on my Thomas EP spinner tipped with a half crawler. The walleye bite ran from about 5:30-7:30, with no hits after that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.