FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Happy Birthday to our fearless leader!!!  (Read 4299 times)

JDiperrio

Re: Happy Birthday to our fearless leader!!!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2010, 08:57 AM »
happy birthday Karl. I got the wheelchair in my car waiting for you so I can push you out to the fishing spot
John

FROZEN SHINER

« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:57 AM »
uno buddy happy real birthday .had a good time last night.you have a nice family :D

BASSMAN STAN

• - CAMP STANLEY -
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:59 AM »
Have a happy birthday Karl!!
Otis & Capt. Bassman          Bay Striper                         6lb.Larry                           River Rainbow

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2010, 11:02 AM »
happy birthday Karl. I got the wheelchair in my car waiting for you so I can push you out to the fishing spot

You said that was for me :(.
Oh I get it mine is still in the shop having rod holders mounted on each side,as i requested. ;D

Happy birthday again Karl and according to AARP welcome to the other side. ;D ;D

indianhill

« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2010, 04:50 PM »
happy b day karl! had a great time last night.  cant wait to see the old pink indian in action!! mike

BJ

« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2010, 05:56 PM »
Happy 50th Karl!

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #21 on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Shay, I have to agree it is just a number but it is a big frickin" number.  FIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTY!!!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday.

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90's, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again.' I'm 100 and a half!'

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!  (author unknown) 

Happy Birthday Karl   
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #22 on: Apr 18, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Shay, I have to agree it is just a number but it is a big frickin" number.  FIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTY!!!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday.

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90's, you start going backwards; 'I Was JUST 92.'

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again.' I'm 100 and a half!'

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!  (author unknown) 

Happy Birthday Karl   

Jim your getting me depressed :'(

bigbry068

« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2010, 10:13 PM »
Again happy birthday BIG K
Wettest member of the the G.O.D.S.

Stealth

• Just a GOD to the end
« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2010, 11:05 AM »

Jim your getting me depressed :'(

Dick, nothing depressing about all of us being 100 and a half and still showing up at gatherings with our wives sucking down beers and chewing on wild onions (ramps).  It's like you said, Lenz is probably home right now working up a home brew using the ramps he took home yesterday.  Garlic onion lager, not sure about that one. 
If you have great friends, taunt them..... endlessly. Even if you don't have good friends taunt them just for the practice. This is the Gospel according to the GODs.

lavaman

« Reply #25 on: Apr 19, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Dick, nothing depressing about all of us being 100 and a half and still showing up at gatherings with our wives sucking down beers and chewing on wild onions (ramps).  It's like you said, Lenz is probably home right now working up a home brew using the ramps he took home yesterday.  Garlic onion lager, not sure about that one. 

that's some funny stuff. when are you going to meet us at the chu?

unoman

« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Well....what can I say....

Many thanks to all of you for your best "Old Man Wishes"

I am humbled by the fact that a thread is focusing on me turning 50....

My party was a classic surprise....family, long time friends, a college buddy, and some Shanty representation....that says alot..

I did not have a clue......

I am sure that most of you have seen the custom built Indian Hill trap for old men I received....The Old Pink Indian.....

Just a recap:

A 4 ft tilt dressed in Pink.....probably because I "sally'ed" a hook set while Chad was looking on...or because I am losing my eyesight
A bigger than normal reel because it will take me alot longer to get to my tilt during a run...tough in a wheelchair
An actuator that fires off a deafening tone when I get a flag....due to my loss of hearing

IN ADDITION:

That same accuator will fire a rocket into the air because of my failing eyesight

An attached roll of toilet paper in case I cannot make it back to the Devillars sled trailer/PortaPotty setup

AND:

Directions written on the cross members to remind me how to use the trap...due to my dymensia

The funny part is that this trap is not a prop....it actually works!!!!........I woke up half my family this morning while showing my dad....

After chatting later that night, some clues may have been evident as my dearest wife Collette did review with me some questions she asked me over the last 2 months that went right over my head as I was surfing the site on more than one occasion....ALL TRUE:

"Karl, is FrozenShiner that guy Chad?"......My response:

Yes, dear.....Don't you remember the videos? ....and that beard?...I bunked with him at Champlain....you met him here at our house once.....He's the guy who takes me Deep Sea fishing every month....my good fishing buddy.....we enjoy all of his venison on the ice also

Collettes response:....." VENISON?....YUCK"

"Karl, Is Porter his last name?....He's the guy that just had the baby, right?....My response:

No, dear....Jenna had the baby....Jeff is "Porterguese"...get it?.....what a nice family....and he brings hangers to the Champlain trip for the trailer.....

"Karl, is Stealth that guy Jimmy?, the retired teacher?......My response:

Yes dear, you met him at our house.....he has the sled that weighs 500 lbs.....

"Karl, is Flaggs the same guy as Roger? or are they two different people?......my response:

"Yes dear, they are the same person....remember the VW guy with the Patriots helmet?.....We rescued his auger after he fell through the ice and when I told you what we were doing you said......  "Be Careful....and take your cell phone...I want you to come home"....

"Karl, is JDipperio the kid that you help out and drive with now and then to fish...he seems like a nice boy?"....My response:

"Yes dear, and you met him and told me he looked like he was 14....

"Karl, who is that guy who builds ice traps in Worcester?....is it Mike?...What is his screen name......My response:

"Yes dear.... Mike Devillars....IndianHill...Indian Hill Traps...I have about 25 of his traps....He is the guy who runs the Champlain trip with the trailers.....He doesnt post too much, and as Moderator, I have to be careful about advertising without being a sponsor......even though Chad and I help him out building traps now and then"

Collettes response:  "Well, thats stupid.....whats the big deal?

As far as Lenz.....Jim and Donna have been good friends for many years, so they were a a shoe in....no questions asked....

It was a riot hearing how my daughters got to know a few of you very intimately during this adventure.....Chad, Dick, and Johnny boy....

Anyway, it was  a great time and I really appreciate what my family did to include some of the Shanty guys.....all my fam knows how much I enjoy doing what I do with all of you......

Thats what its all about.....K

FROZEN SHINER

« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2010, 04:06 PM »
ah man bud its gunna be fun and to relive the memory when we gat the old girl up to fire.then when she goes off we are gunna be like a bunch of girls running out there to see the first. (MONSTAH).LOL cant wait.glad i could be part of it. :flag:

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Well said Karl.
I am amazed how well this was kept a secret ,with all the people that knew about it and nobody leaked it out. Quabog gathering, meets at the Chu, The deep sea trip. It was terrible Karl, everybody knew but you. ;D
The best thing was seeing the expression on your face when you walked in :o,surprise,surprise,surprise

lavaman

« Reply #29 on: Apr 20, 2010, 07:21 AM »
dick/john worked there butts off moving the gathering and calling everyone by phone so it wouldn't interfer with your surprise bday party.  that says alot about how the feeling is mutual. feel the love. memories last forever........ i also want to see that pink lady trap fire off and taste lenz's home brew and fish with more of you coconuts.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.