FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Question about fishing with powerbait  (Read 8027 times)

re-pete

Re: Question about fishing with powerbait
« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:19 PM »
When using powerbait i use a small trebel hook and haven't really had any problems with fish swallowing the hook. i rig it drop shot and try and grab the rod right away and set the hook quick. I've had them swallow it down inside their mouth but not in their stomach... I have been able to get out every hook this year. i went to a bigger sized trebel this year i cant remember what size... when I check ill update with what size i use.

i use those small trebel hooks with powerbait all the time, there ridiculously small and the trout swallow them down to their ass. needless to say they never fall off once you hook them

Basstracker

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:29 PM »
i use those small trebel hooks with powerbait all the time, there ridiculously small and the trout swallow them down to their ***. needless to say they never fall off once you hook them

I don't use ones that small... they cant even swallow it and i always hook them beforehand anyway. Powerbaiting is boring I only do that once or twice before I pull the cover off the boat. I can troll and get a limit of bows and browns in an hour.

re-pete

« Reply #17 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:35 PM »
I don't use ones that small... they cant even swallow it and i always hook them beforehand anyway. Powerbaiting is boring I only do that once or twice before I pull the cover off the boat. I can troll and get a limit of bows and browns in an hour.

im with you on that one, trolling is much more fun, powerbait is a way of catching fish but its very skillless, and easy

88fishing

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:45 PM »
i use small red hooks with 2lb test leaders and people always come up to me asking what im using cause ill catch them one after another its almost to easy but its fun when nothing else works

Basstracker

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17, 2011, 07:01 PM »
im with you on that one, trolling is much more fun, powerbait is a way of catching fish but its very skillless, and easy

Bass fishing is much more fun haha. I've caught 50+ bass this weekend along with 15-20 pickerel and a random pike. I'm done trout fishing the bass are calling me. Today i went to a spot where there aren't even trout but yesterday i went and trolled for about an hour and went back to bass fishing.

re-pete

« Reply #20 on: Apr 17, 2011, 08:08 PM »
still to early for bass fishing, i have a hotspot, and theres and 8+pound bass that turns his head to anything i send by him. there not ready to feed yet. metabolism is still to slow.

Basstracker

« Reply #21 on: Apr 17, 2011, 09:04 PM »
still to early for bass fishing, i have a hotspot, and theres and 8+pound bass that turns his head to anything i send by him. there not ready to feed yet. metabolism is still to slow.

heh... I've been catching several bass 3+ no monsters but i pull 6+ bass through the ice all the time... its never too early for bass man. You just need to find them.

re-pete

« Reply #22 on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:21 AM »

well, i enjoy trout fishing, so i kida wait till the bass are feeding more.

88fishing

« Reply #23 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:36 AM »
this is the best time of year IMHO for bass caught 10 bass in an hour about a month ago and then went to trout i dont know what i was thinking going for bass today maybe

re-pete

« Reply #24 on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:39 PM »
tried again today, sightfishing, bass everywhere, and they turn there head to anything they see. is still early the big bass wont hit a thing. i saw probally 10 bass and they were all big.

Basstracker

« Reply #25 on: Apr 18, 2011, 03:57 PM »
tried again today, sightfishing, bass everywhere, and they turn there head to anything they see. is still early the big bass wont hit a thing. i saw probally 10 bass and they were all big.

they'll bite you just didn't throw anything to trigger a reaction. It's never too early for bass i catch them daily through the ice. Most of the time when you catch a big bass it knows better anyway you just triggered its instincts and made it bite from reaction... not cuz she was hungry.

88fishing

« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2011, 09:12 AM »

what are you useing for bait? try suspending rapalas and minus 1 crankbait its never to early i catch my biggest bass early and late in the season

Damurpha

• Fish forever....work whenever!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Thanks for all the replies, keep 'em comming! I usually fish with 2 rods one with lures, the other with bait or 2 with bait if I need a break or am havin' lunch as for bass I catch 'em all year round all my biggest are through the ice with big shiners
I fish, because the voices in my head tell me to!

re-pete

« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2011, 05:18 PM »
does your signature mean you like fat chicks?  ???

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2011, 05:24 PM »
does your signature mean you like fat chicks?  ???
:o
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.