FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cognamond  (Read 2657 times)

Anglerkev

Cognamond
« on: Jul 18, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Hey, going to be winging a thursday night tournament up there in a few weeks, never fished the lake before.  What do they hit on in that greenish water.. How do the senkos work up there...up in Lake George, NY they slaughtered em this year, wacky rig about 25 ft down.. smallies and lrg mouths.. Biggest being 19" 3lb smallmouth.. one of the biggest I ever caught... Any info would be good..
Kev

Muskie Matt

Re: Cognamond
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Black and blue Kev. Black and blue. Most of the guys I know who fish Cong. including myself use black and blue jigs.

Anglerkev

« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Thanks, Ill try it, never had much luck with them; however, never used them much.. Ill rig a pole up with it..
Kev

Muskie Matt

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2004, 07:35 AM »
Be patient. Work them slow. Use a blue/black trailer. Many lures work @ Cong. but when the fishing gets tough this rig kicks butt.

Anglerkev

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:20 PM »
Hey matt,

Tried tournye for  2nd time tonight... 1st time was a disaster... this time wasnt too bad... I got 2 lrg mouths off some shallow rock buoys with a senko and white spinner bait... and my dad got a coulple of a senko and jitterbug.. Learning the place a little bit better.. 
Kev

Muskie Matt

« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2004, 09:03 AM »
Good for you Kev, glad the boat is getting some use. Congamond holds some huge fish. I fished the D.A.R.E. tournament there a couple of years ago and the winner had something like 28#'s on a 5 fish limit. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.