FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Friday Bass...Saturday Trout  (Read 1066 times)

westernmas

Friday Bass...Saturday Trout
« on: Sep 29, 2014, 08:01 AM »
I hit a local pond in my kayak after work on Friday and fished from about 6:30 to 9:30.  I caught about a half dozen dink bass and a dink pickeral.  I did end up getting a few on the jitterbug once the sun went down and it sounded like there were a few bigger ones that missed the lure.  Nothing pic worthy.

Saturday morning I made the drive up to the Chesterfield Gorge.  Wow, the water is extremely low in the rivers right now.  Many of my go to spots were simple too low and slow moving for trout.  I ended up driving about 3 miles into the gorge before wetting a line.  I started off throwing dry flies since I could see a few trout sipping/rising but I didn't have any luck.  I then moved to the deeper side of the pool and threw wooly buggers at several trout that I could easily see and again no luck.  I had my ultra light in my truck so I went back and got that and on my second cast with a rooster tail I landed a really nice 16 inch tiger trout.  It had really nice colors and looked more brookie than brown.  A few casts later i also got a smaller rainbow, probably 13-14 inches.  I moved further into the gorge and fished with the fly pole and ultra light, casting to several fish that I could see in the gin clear water, and although I had many follows nothing wanted to hit what I was offering.  I called it a day around noon.  The fishing was so so but per usual the scenery, with the foliage getting into swing, was amazing.

I will post pics of the Gorge shortly.  The pics of the fish aren't the best since I was stuck on a muddy bank and moving around wasn't the easiest but the pics of the scenery came out pretty good.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

westernmas

Re: Friday Bass...Saturday Trout
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2014, 09:18 AM »
Updated with pics. I only took pics of the tiger trout and the fishing holes.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

stripernut

« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2014, 10:22 AM »
I have not hit it in years, but it is a great spot!

trout stalker

« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2014, 12:10 PM »
nice work on the trout bud all the rivers are crazy low lol

Bartman44

« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2014, 12:48 PM »
Nice pics. Love the current weather but we need RAIN!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.