FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: GOOD Night Quabbin  (Read 4801 times)

lavaman

Re: GOOD Night Quabbin
« Reply #15 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:20 AM »
wooooowzaaaaa!!!!! those are some hugh bass. good job dynamic duo. u guys hit it just right. bass are fattening up for winter now. love to see that. I would be pumped too. congrats alan and will.

otzi thawed

• Sit up and show up!
« Reply #16 on: Oct 14, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Nice slob bass guys. It must be super exciting to fish a place like that in the dark. I think I'd be too "jumpy" to handle it. Well done again!

stripernut

« Reply #17 on: Oct 14, 2014, 10:28 AM »
I have been fishing it at night (Quabbin and many other places) for well over 20 years, often alone and the unknown sounds that I have heard, some right behind me... But in the end, I am not afraid of the wildlife (not very), but what I am always keeping a eye open for are other people (not so much other fishermen), they are what I am most careful of... I do love being out at night with almost no people around, the stars, the wildlife, it is like a different world and best of all, the fishing is often so much better!

trout stalker

« Reply #18 on: Oct 14, 2014, 12:03 PM »
I have been fishing it at night (Quabbin and many other places) for well over 20 years, often alone and the unknown sounds that I have heard, some right behind me... But in the end, I am not afraid of the wildlife (not very), but what I am always keeping a eye open for are other people (not so much other fishermen), they are what I am most careful of... I do love being out at night with almost no people around, the stars, the wildlife, it is like a different world and best of all, the fishing is often so much better!

this statement is so true have spent most of my life fishing nights during the summer months to avoid the crowds and have the peace however people are what u need to fear most and that goes for isolated places and inner city, Wildlife on a higher percentage is much more predictable than other people....stay safe boys

Baitbucket

« Reply #19 on: Oct 14, 2014, 02:44 PM »
Screw that man! I can out run almost anyone. But a good sized bird could carry me off and I would never see it coming!!

Poot

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14, 2014, 03:33 PM »
Some good bass right there  :clapping:

stripernut

« Reply #21 on: Oct 14, 2014, 03:35 PM »
I only have to run faster than Will if a bear shows up and I have longer legs! Was good to fish with you Will! LOL

Baitbucket

« Reply #22 on: Oct 14, 2014, 04:18 PM »

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #23 on: Oct 14, 2014, 05:38 PM »
Will remember this one it might save your life.....

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/xpdcpb/stand-up-daniel-tosh--snapple-facts
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Baitbucket

« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2014, 06:19 PM »

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:04 PM »
How big was that bluegill? Area 3 I presume?

I haven't fished Quabin for years. Living 800 miles a way doesn't help.

You guys have a treasure there!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:36 PM »
How big was that bluegill? Area 3 I presume?

I haven't fished Quabin for years. Living 800 miles a way doesn't help.

You guys have a treasure there!

No they were elsewhere.  I was at 31 with Jschu and bigbellybilly.  Not as hot as we had hoped for.  The were all south of us.

Will it looked like a SNL skit not a real news story.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

taxid

« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2014, 08:45 PM »
No they were elsewhere.  I was at 31 with Jschu and bigbellybilly.  Not as hot as we had hoped for.  The were all south of us.

Will it looked like a SNL skit not a real news story.

That bluegill looks like it went 11 inches!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #28 on: Oct 14, 2014, 11:19 PM »
Not the biggest bluegill I have caught, but right up there... Taxid, you have spent to much time away from New England if you keep looking at the bluegill!!!! Come back for a visit and get your priorities straight!

taxid

« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Not the biggest bluegill I have caught, but right up there... Taxid, you have spent to much time away from New England if you keep looking at the bluegill!!!! Come back for a visit and get your priorities straight!

You're right. Bluegill are king here. Bass are a dime a dozen and some of us consider them green carp.  ;D

I used to raise them. Had 400 from 2 to 6 lbs. in a .62 acre pond that I hand fed ever day. Just like carp.  :D

It was crazy time when I walked out on that pier with the feed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.