FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bad Start to Day  (Read 4043 times)

james1981

Re: Bad Start to Day
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 10:11 AM »
  Yea area 2 and 3 are really funny that way Iowa, I have caught them at 11 am and even 1 pm in the afternoon.  Its just about putting the time in.  I usually switch over around 10 or 11 to fish smallies. But the most important part is having 2 people to get the 4 lines in the water. That REALLY matters when trolling just increases the odds.

lowaccord66

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 10:48 AM »
Im with you James.  I have fished for smallies their successfully for some time so we don't stop trolling.  Gate 8 is usually very quiet in the afternoon in that regard outside of the barrels and sometimes I think the fish notice.  Soon we'll leave the salmon alone when catch and release is no longer viable and will only pick calm days to vert jig the lakers...havent gotten a monster yet but it will happen! 

james1981

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 02:11 PM »
 The guy who caught the monster used cut bait on the bottom.  Those monster lakers are really lazy and just hang on the bottom pretty good.

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 02:36 PM »
The guy who caught the monster used cut bait on the bottom.  Those monster lakers are really lazy and just hang on the bottom pretty good.

I know him.  Fished right next to him several times.  Nice guy...catches a lot more big lakers than most realize.  Bob is his name.  His quabbin boat is awesome...t top on quabbin.  Nice touch!  We've had several lakers north of 30" hit baits 65 to 90ft off bottom in 130ft of water.  But no 40"ers yet....

james1981

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 06:02 PM »
  There is a nice laker spot right up the road in hancock and nelson NH, Nubanussitt, I have only been there a few times but its fairly deep. If you look up the big lakers that get registered in the past 10 years there seems to always be a fish in the 30" close to 40" from there.  NO fish nubi but , I haven't fished it enough to really know how productive it really is. But food for thought in the future...
  I haven't broke the 10lb range at the quabbin, But 4 years ago you could go out and catch 20 of them before noon. The last few years seem to be just slower that usual.  I have broken off a few nice ones without seeing them on 6lb flouro but that's about it...  Lots of 3-5lbers dozens and dozens of them. But I bet in the summer you can set up in the deep water and do pretty good on them. But I usually switch to only salmon once the summer heat hits.

lowaccord66

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 07:50 PM »
Very cool James.  I'll have to check it out. 

westernmas

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 12:50 PM »
I got out to my favorite pond yesterday. I ended up w four and my friend had 9. Might need to swallow my pride and change brands of worms. It wasn't windy for once and we saw a lot more fish than we caught too. Now is the time to bass fish IMO.

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Nice Pat.  Remind me is there a launch there?  If there is we should meet up.  Ill bring the boat and you and your buddy can join. 

westernmas

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 01:03 PM »
Nice Pat.  Remind me is there a launch there?  If there is we should meet up.  Ill bring the boat and you and your buddy can join. 

No launch.  Only car top boats which is part of the reason that I like it so much.  Bring the Nucanoe.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Yachtzy

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 02:22 PM »
If you plan on catch and release, you should not be holding fish horizontal.

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 02:36 PM »
Chris my thing is if you care that much about fish health you probably shouldn't poke holes in their mouths fight them nearly to death and let them go.  Or shove them in a livewell for 3 hours for the sake of a tourney.  Fisherman can be quite contradictory at times! 

Pat we will have to make it happen. 

westernmas

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2017, 02:57 PM »
If you plan on catch and release, you should not be holding fish horizontal.

And this is exactly why no one posts much on this forum, especially when it comes to posting pics.  Should I blur out the background so I don't spot burn too?
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2017, 03:28 PM »
And this is exactly why no one posts much on this forum, especially when it comes to posting pics.  Should I blur out the background so I don't spot burn too?

What he meant to say is stop fishing, you are posting too many quality fish! 

Yachtzy

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59 PM »
I meant exactly what I wrote, it was straight forward and polite as I get, I am sorry if I offended you. After the third time, I figured you didn't know, your friend did it zero times.

I'm going to try to post a pic of the handling etiquette later just as an fyi for you and Jon, it's short and informative.

lowaccord66

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 04:41 PM »
I meant exactly what I wrote, it was straight forward and polite as I get, I am sorry if I offended you. After the third time, I figured you didn't know, your friend did it zero times.

I'm going to try to post a pic of the handling etiquette later just as an fyi for you and Jon, it's short and informative.

I am aware Chris.  For me there is nothing polite about you coming in here telling others they are doing it wrong because you saw or read something that says so.

Catch your own fish handle them they way you see fit.  Live and let live.  Only pretentious people go around telling other grown men how to fish...

Whats next?  I post a pic of a trout I catch on a nypmh and you tell me dry flies are the only way pffft....I have a special place in my heart for people like that.  Same sentiments I have with those PETA folks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.