FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Epic Evening w the Fly Rod  (Read 895 times)

westernmas

Epic Evening w the Fly Rod
« on: Jun 12, 2017, 09:44 PM »
I figured I'd beat the heat today by doing some wading in a nice cold freestone this evening. That decision paid off in an epic manner. I think I had quite possibly my best day fly fishing in the matter of two hours of fishing. I got one nice rainbow in the same pool that I got the big brookie last week. I then headed upstream to a different spot and got another 6 fish. I got those ones on the surface or a fly stripped just below the surface. I got relatively large specimens of each species and perhaps my biggest rainbow to date. I also lost at least another half dozen fish as well. Matched the hatch using a hornberg. Such a versatile fly.

Huge bow. Pic doesn't do it justice. Wanted to get it back asap w the temps.

Beauty of a brookie

Brownie
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

bogtrotter

Re: Epic Evening w the Fly Rod
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Congratulations.  Those are some gorgeous fish.

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2017, 09:12 AM »
Nice work!  Do you ever come to CT and fish the West Branch of the Farmington?  Most days you can average 10 or so on the long rod...spinning forget about it...too easy! 

westernmas

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2017, 09:58 AM »
Nice work!  Do you ever come to CT and fish the West Branch of the Farmington?  Most days you can average 10 or so on the long rod...spinning forget about it...too easy! 

No I've been talking about getting a CT license for a while now.  My cousin and a few friends hit the Farmington last year when the Westfield was too low and warm.  I will most likely get one now that my hip issue is starting to get better.  I know CT does a much better job of fishery management on the Farmington so fish holdover much better there.  I've just got to be careful where I wade since my hip still isn't 100% so I've been mostly fishing places that I know are easy to get to.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Nice looking trout congrats 👍
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2017, 12:24 PM »
No I've been talking about getting a CT license for a while now.  My cousin and a few friends hit the Farmington last year when the Westfield was too low and warm.  I will most likely get one now that my hip issue is starting to get better.  I know CT does a much better job of fishery management on the Farmington so fish holdover much better there.  I've just got to be careful where I wade since my hip still isn't 100% so I've been mostly fishing places that I know are easy to get to.

Whenever you are ready let me know.  I have fished most of thr 21 mile TMA which is easy because I follow it to and from work.  Its been fun hitting the evening hatches and I have a few easy access spots that produce.

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Quality batch O Trout congrats.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.