FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Finder for Kayak  (Read 2336 times)

Spider1

Re: Fish Finder for Kayak
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:17 AM »
Nice, congrats. And you're right about the si needing to be in the water and it needs to be below the hull.

westernmas

« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Nice Pat.  We were using side imaging on quabbin not long ago to find schools of lakers.  Only downside is bright days and learning how to read it.

Oh I'm sure there will be a learning curve to the unit.  You and Manny are in big trouble now that I've got a flasher for the hard water.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Oh I'm sure there will be a learning curve to the unit.  You and Manny are in big trouble now that I've got a flasher for the hard water.

Haha time will tell.  Make sure you get the ice ducer.  I should be on the panoptix by then...

Baitbucket

« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:20 PM »
I ordered a second transducer and cable for my Humminbird Helix 7 so I can move my fish finder unit back and forth from my main fishing boat to my Hobie Kayak. The kayak has a special attachment recess for the transducer that looks like this. It also has recesses and capped openings to run the wiring through

I did the same with my hobie. I made a modified bracket out of aluminum. I was having issues with sand and debris getting trapped between the transducer and that stock plastic mount. . I also modified the tackle insert that fits into the round hatch to hold my battery in the rear hatch.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #19 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:48 PM »
no issues with my lowrance elite thru hull. also use graph mode on the ice. I would buy again.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #20 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:04 PM »
This is my fish finder setup on my Pelican Catch 120.

I put in a rear hatch, I keep the battery there, it runs three USB ports, cigarette 12V port and the fish finder.

I put in a center hatch, I place my transducer there. It is held in place with plumber's putty, it has been working well.

I have the fish finder well in reach and sight.
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.