FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Are you here yet?  (Read 3293 times)

hardh2ofish

Are you here yet?
« on: Apr 01, 2007, 08:05 AM »
Hello.... Any nebraskans here yet?   Anyone doing any fishin?   Hope to get out on the dam at Merrit tonight.

hookemandcookem

Re: Are you here yet?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Im here...Ive just been peaking in once in a while to see if there is much activity. I have gone out a couple times, nothing to talk about yet. I hear that the Walleye are biting at Sherman and Johnson. The crappie should start biting on Harlan, I hope to try there this week.
HookemandCookem

hardh2ofish

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2007, 08:13 AM »
Caught 3 nice eyes in the 3-4 lb range last Sunday at Merrit.  Just one 18" on Tuesday.  Very cold on Tuesday,  the ice was completely frozen up in all my guides.  Did catch the one though for all my efforts.  Water warmer than the air.  Feet stayed warmer while waiding. 

Hookem'  do you ever get up to the 'gates'  up on the river down there and fish?  Its been a few years for me.  With the druoght is the lake still really low?  Didnt know if the Harlan wipers still run up the river or not.  Now that was some great fun, fishin for cats all night and wading the river for wipers during the day.

hookemandcookem

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I havent been to Harlan yet this year. Im hoping it will warm up over the next couple weeks. Caught a bad cold from all this cold changes so thats putting a damper on my fishin  :wacko:
HookemandCookem

hardh2ofish

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2007, 08:09 AM »
Youll have to let me know what the lake is like anymore.  When you get there of course.  Hope you get to feelin better.  Couple more weeks youll be finding mushrooms down there to, which is an added bonus.  Just dont get shot by the turkey hunters while wandering through the woods along the river.  I think i heard there are more turkeys than ever down in that area.  I usually tried to wear an orange hat while scuffeling around hunitn mushrooms

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.