FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: RUMORS,RUMORS!!  (Read 3949 times)

5-flags

RUMORS,RUMORS!!
« on: Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM »
I just had a delightful chuckle when a friend told me of a Musky or northern he saw caught down at the
River Lands this past weekend. This is also called Lake Took A-While if you were confused. I have fish this SMALL body of water for some time and never heard or saw any toothy critter ever caught here. Anyone else ever see or here of such a tale? I don't know is alchohol may have been involved!!! LOL  :D :D

nightfisher

Re: RUMORS,RUMORS!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:04 PM »
There was a large re-distribution of fish during the flooding last year. If the rivers waters met the lake it's very possible.

dmntd169

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2012, 07:24 PM »
There was a large re-distribution of fish during the flooding last year. If the rivers waters met the lake it's very possible.

I know I saw atleast 1 after the floods back in 2006 and the flooding last year was even worse so it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit  ;)
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

draketrutta

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2012, 02:26 AM »
If a muskie got into that little PPL holding pond - it will have a feast on all those pellet-head trouts that were stocked in early March.
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

5-flags

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2012, 03:53 PM »
That is what I am being told. The bait fish and trout are beaching themselves to escape the ravaging attacks! I'm heading there after work today, or tomorrow to check it out. ;D

dmntd169

« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2012, 06:22 PM »
That is what I am being told. The bait fish and trout are beaching themselves to escape the ravaging attacks! I'm heading there after work today, or tomorrow to check it out. ;D

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary earlier...and the lake is still full of 6-8" crappies that never seem to grow  :D :D

did see quite a few carp rolling though...might have to give them a shot so I can say I've actually hook something of any size outta there  :D

draketrutta

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:17 AM »
I never fished that hole.

But since you mentioned rolling carp, I feel like taking a ride this weekend and trying to hook up with carp via fly rod..

ZZZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgg!!!!

make that fly reel hummmmmmm...
<'}}}}>><  *** just say NO to DPviaBAJwithADK-QTIP *** <>>{{{{'>

dmntd169

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:40 AM »
I've still never hooked 1 on the fly (can't really say I've ever tried though either), but they are fun on the centerpin in the trout streams I fish for em in over the summer  ;D

every one I saw roll was up against the bank on the RT11 side of the lake and theres almost no room to swing flies because of the brush. From the other side of the lake you should be able to get a clear cast across from the "piers" they have that extend out half way into the lake

chez

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2012, 01:43 PM »
I've still never hooked 1 on the fly (can't really say I've ever tried though either), but they are fun on the centerpin in the trout streams I fish for em in over the summer  ;D

every one I saw roll was up against the bank on the RT11 side of the lake and theres almost no room to swing flies because of the brush. From the other side of the lake you should be able to get a clear cast across from the "piers" they have that extend out half way into the lake
THE RIVER OVERFLOWED IN COXTON IN 06 AND 11where i rabbit hunt is now small lakes or ponds.these water areas now hold bass eyes pike carp muskies and huge catfish.i dont know what they eat or how they survive.i do know that my rabbit hotspot is now a fishing hotspot somedays.this is what i would guess happened at this lake..

westonp

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2012, 05:59 PM »
I hooked up with a carp on a 4 weight fly rod 2 years ago. 27 inch carp ran so much and had to try to be so easy with it that it burnt up the bearing in the real and it locked up, had to do the rest of the work by holding the line.

BIGCREW

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2012, 06:24 PM »
THE RIVER OVERFLOWED IN COXTON IN 06 AND 11where i rabbit hunt is now small lakes or ponds.these water areas now hold bass eyes pike carp muskies and huge catfish.i dont know what they eat or how they survive.i do know that my rabbit hotspot is now a fishing hotspot somedays.this is what i would guess happened at this lake..
if you are talking about the place im thinking of,where the lackawanna flows into the susky in that area those ponds were actually built there by the landfill thats in taylor,the state made them replace wetlands that they destroyed when they built the landfill,there conected to the susky and thats how they get filled up,its not the same down there sence the flood last year but they do hold some decent fish

chez

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2012, 08:00 AM »
if you are talking about the place im thinking of,where the lackawanna flows into the susky in that area those ponds were actually built there by the landfill thats in taylor,the state made them replace wetlands that they destroyed when they built the landfill,there conected to the susky and thats how they get filled up,its not the same down there sence the flood last year but they do hold some decent fish
my kids took me there a few years back was great fishing.went there this year had a slmmer pike on he broke the line right at shore.i always woundered how those ponds got there.it killed a great rabbit spot.if i were a goose or duck hunter i would think this to be a great spot.i would have thought the fishing would of gotten better after the flood?may be some of the fish got washed back into the river. i know the water at one point was up 6 feet on the sewer att.buildig.

BIGCREW

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2012, 09:21 AM »
I fish that area of the river alot and this year we noticed the water level in those ponds changes over nite,I think they may have to re do the inlet so the water flows in one side ond out the other,the water lever was quite high during the flood,just look for tires in the trees,that will give you an idea of how deep it was in that area,pretty amazing.we also see eagles there all the time,we used to hunt rabbits on the other side where the power plant used to be it used to be a good spot,the area is all fenced in so the rabbits cant really get out and dont have to worrie about the dog running on the road

chez

« Reply #13 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:48 AM »
I LOVE HUNTING RABBITS.the swamps accross from the sewer authority still hold some nice bass.sliped a john boat on 2 years ago caugh a few 3#ders.years ago me an my buddys put in over 200 callicos from slocum not counting gill we put in.that was our spring mission.the took off like crazy.we fished for them a few times and had a ball with them .we didnt fish for them in the last few years.i imagine the are still doing well.THIS IS A DECENT SPOT CLOSE TO HOME WITHOUT DRAINING THE GAS TANK.i never keep any of these fish and i dont know how safe they would be to eat.catch and release the swamps and the ponds.

BIGCREW

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2012, 07:14 AM »
I have caught some slammers out of the swamps,a few years ago I had a huge muski on untill it wrapped my line around a stump and broke off.there are some massive carp in there also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.