FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Transducer Placement  (Read 2862 times)

Lifeguard

Transducer Placement
« on: Apr 07, 2011, 08:18 AM »
I just ordered up a Humminbird 998c si, and was wondering if anyone has any tips on determining where to mount the transducer.  I have a 2009 Legend 18 Xcaliber and really don't want to swiss cheese the welded aluminum hull trying to find the best spot for it.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated 

Lake Raker

• SteveK
Re: Transducer Placement
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Here you go, page 14. Isn't there already a transducer mounted to the boat that can be replaced?

http://store.humminbird.com/media/document/M_5317431_B.pdf

Dispy

« Reply #2 on: Apr 07, 2011, 08:55 AM »
If it were me, I would mount a shoot through hull puck transducer. No holes to worry about. Epoxy holds it well and most boats use them. JMHO
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Lifeguard

« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2011, 11:32 AM »
If it were me, I would mount a shoot through hull puck transducer. No holes to worry about. Epoxy holds it well and most boats use them. JMHO
Will the through hull transducer shoot through an aluminum hull??  And will it do side imaging through the hull as well.  I didn't think this was an option.

Lifeguard

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Here you go, page 14. Isn't there already a transducer mounted to the boat that can be replaced?

http://store.humminbird.com/media/document/M_5317431_B.pdf
Thanks for the link, still not sure about where to put it on my boat, but I'll start where the existing transducer is.  I think I'll have to look at the hull while running wide open and see what stays in the water and what doesn't.  I'm thinking where the existing transducer is, the motor will block it from being able to use the side imaging but we'll see.  Thanks for the advice so far.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.