FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spotlights for boating  (Read 2400 times)

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
Spotlights for boating
« on: Apr 23, 2012, 06:21 PM »
I was looking for a spotlight to help find my way back to the trailer in the dark. I was wondering what you guys use. I would like something that has an on board battery with the option of a cigarette lighter plug for extended use. Waterproof and floats would be great too! The unit would have to be somewhat compact because my boat is short on space.

about $100 is my upper limit and then they better be able to see it on the moon! ;D

What do you think? There are allot of products out there, and the prices vary wildly!

BoutTime

Re: Spotlights for boating
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:24 AM »
I was looking into spotlights as well. I would rather 2 mounted units on my consoles, but these hand held ones looked interesting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Held-Spot-Light-Boat-Marine-RV-Auto-Spotlight-3-Million-Candlepower-/330721036215?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&hash=item4d008287b7&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_842

BoutTime

« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2012, 06:26 AM »
Hmmm... link is not working....

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2012, 07:35 PM »
I fixed the link... Usually marine means it is waterproof and floats.

I thought about mounting a light permanently, but I launch in a few swamp holes that involve some fancy floating and navigating though river channels to get into the main body. I think it would be better to be able to put the light where it needs to be by hand. It's also fun to shine for critters!

BoutTime

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2012, 08:41 PM »
10-4 on that Skipper, thats why I was liking the handheld ones.

Never know where you will need to point the beam. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.