My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

I'm ready for my vacation in Maine!

(1/2) > >>

taxid:
All my DIY projects are done on it as in DIY upright seat, rodholders behind the seat, stabilizers (seen here in storage position), along with internally wired transducer cable and fish finder and transducer, DIY anchor system, and mini downrigger and rod holder.

I was testing it out in one of the ponds today and the seat was not only comfortable, but I can really move out with the mirage drive and can turn on a dime thanks to the rudder on the back. The best part is it keeps my hands available for fishing and setting the downrigger vs. using a paddle.

buffaloice:
Wow that is some setup Tax. I like how you  utilized the PVC for the stabilizers into rodholders. I use a milk crate with pieces of PVC zip tied to a milk crate behind me.  How do you transport it? Im finding that i am more and more looking for a trailer as it is a PITA getting it ontop and off of my SUV. I have also scratched my truck up doing it. I tihnk i would use it alot more if i had a trailer.

rivereddy:
That's some rig! And the reels - Penn level wind to a light spinning rig - shows you are ready for just about any thing with fins....

fish on,

rivereddy

SHaRPS:
Nice work Cecil!

lowaccord66:
Nice work Cecil. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version