My Fish Finder Main > General Fishing Discussion

Line Storage

(1/7) > >>

bassin212:
For as long as I can remember I've tied up all my leaders and such on my bass rods and then kept them in the bed of my truck (which has a tonneau cover) and I keep my fishing line in a pocket in backpack (out of the sun) in the cab of my truck. Recently I have been using Berkley Vanish and it's almost like even though the line isn't in direct sunlight, the heat is making it brittle? is that a thing? I can't remember it happening until I started using Berkley Vanish. I mean, don't guys keep line in their boats and rod lockers without a problem? I'm not sure if it's the line i'm buying or how I'm storing it.

Anyone ever experience this? Makes a simple lure change and knot tie a PITA because I've got it do it about 15 times. At first I thought it was that I needed a new leader, but even line fresh off the Berkley Spool won't hold a decent knot.

lowaccord66:
Its garbage.  Ive never liked it for that reason.

Raquettedacker:
Berkley vanish will make your fish and lures disappear... ;)  Ask Herb.   ::)
Put it on several rods with different pound test years ago one spring and it was all replaced half way through the summer...   

filetandrelease:
I tried Vanish long ago and didn’t care for it either

zwiggles:
I’m with everyone else. Tried it, hated it, and have never looked back.

I like P-Line a lot. There flouro has been great for me and way cheaper than seaguar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version