FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How many of you are getting anxious for open water????  (Read 6721 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
 ;D ;D ;D Good Lord this ice season is not even over and I cannot wait to get out to the open water. So many lakes and so little time. I swear I must of been a fish in my previous life. ::) ::) ::)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

grumpymoe

Re: How many of you are getting anxious for open water????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2004, 08:37 PM »
a jiggin rapala with a second life!!  ;D ;D ;D couldn't resist... with a bent front hook!!...grump

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:00 PM »
Did I tell you I only have one life jacket in my boat. Guess who's wearing it grump??? ;D ;D ;D hey one good thing about open water is that you wont get cross eyed looking down that angled hole ::) ::) ::)

trapperdirk

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:01 PM »
 Not I  Big Walleye . I hate the invasion of the tourists . I don't have to share the lakes or roads as much when the ice is on . ;)
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:06 PM »
;D ;D ;D Good Lord this ice season is not even over and I cannot wait to get out to the open water. So many lakes and so little time. I swear I must of been a fish in my previous life. ::) ::) ::)
I hear you Big Walleye  ;D

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:07 PM »
I need the open water!  I think I'm developing some mental condition because all I can think about is fishing.... where i'm going to go, what techniques I'm going to use, everything.  I've done all i can for now, got maps of the lakes i want to go to, made my spinner combos, bought a lot of gear.  Now all I can do is wait for the d**n ice to go off.

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2004, 12:11 AM »
If i cant get any perch ice fishing i can hardly wait for open water then i am going to really get my self some perch. but hey 9 more days of icefishing  ;D 8) 8)
People who work don't know how to fish!!

reubenpa

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2004, 01:14 AM »
I want open water!!!!!!!!  Ever since the first warm days, the cold nad ice fishing kind of turn me off.  I want open water and warm days!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

perch pounder

• Keep on poundin'
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2004, 02:34 PM »
The hardest wait is the wait between ice-off and open season .....

You can't even fish for trout then :'(
here  fishy , fishy , fishy.......

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2004, 07:50 PM »

The water is as smooth as glass, the loons are calling, and a flock of red heads is streaking across the lake at mach 1. You make your first cast you watch your lour disappears beneath the surface; you see a swirl and feel that solid impact of a good fish. Line peels off your reel....................BEEP,BEEP,BEEP the alarm just went off its time for another day at work. :'( DONT WORRY BOYS WERE ALMOST THERE. :D :D 8)
True north strong and free

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:26 PM »

The water is as smooth as glass, the loons are calling, and a flock of red heads is streaking across the lake at mach 1. You make your first cast you watch your lour disappears beneath the surface; you see a swirl and feel that solid impact of a good fish. Line peels off your reel....................BEEP,BEEP,BEEP the alarm just went off its time for another day at work. :'( DONT WORRY BOYS WERE ALMOST THERE. :D :D 8)

Hit the nail on the head bushman.  Woke up this morning, caught a 50lb Laker last night!  I've never really even caught a laker in real life. :)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:22 PM »
Bushman I have caught many a trophy fish in my sleep. Even woke up to a redhead beside me but that is for another forum. ;D ;D ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Mar 24, 2004, 02:19 PM »
perch pounder  what do you mean can't even fish for trout???  i intend on getting some before ice out in april and right after on open water...2 beauts coming home and i wont share!   ;D ;D

perch pounder

• Keep on poundin'
« Reply #13 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:09 PM »
It's those two weeks or so when the ice is not safe to walk on unless you have a floater suit on :P

Don't know about you guys but I don't care too much for those polar bear swims ;D
here  fishy , fishy , fishy.......

grumpymoe

« Reply #14 on: Mar 24, 2004, 03:55 PM »
perch pounder   by no means i am encouraging angling on unsafe ice by my post..i've seen vehicles coming across winter roads in ontario as late as april 13.....the same year ice left the lake on the 29th same month...now thats suicide in my estimation..if the ice has decent snow cover remaining, then it will not honeycomb as quickly.. i am the biggest whiteknuckler when it comes to ice and i take no chances whatsoever.......grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.