FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rained out at Delta  (Read 3022 times)

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
Rained out at Delta
« on: Mar 28, 2004, 07:59 PM »
The kids and I went to some friends by Delta to get in some last minute hard water pearch action. But the 2 inches of rain put the breaks on that. :( There was so much rain it actully opened up part  of the river. To bad I did not have my rod and reel with me or I could have wet my line. I will be better prepared next time ;)
True north strong and free

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
Re: Rained out at Delta
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Hey bushman where you out at delta today? What river ?
I head out there tommorow do you think it is worth it?? ???
How are the roads??
People who work don't know how to fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2004, 07:27 PM »
Bushman must be referring to the channel. I have seen anglers cast their rods in the open water while I was ice fishing not 20 ft away. that is neat.  ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2004, 11:40 PM »
Trophy hunter and I went out on sunnday and fished by the dam no luck except the 2 suckers I caught using salted minnows  :o ???. Those were the only 2 fish caught that day  ;D. I went out there today again but moved a few 100 yrds away from the dam and caught a burbot 6 lbs and a dozen of tulebee's. Was pretty nice outside only the wind was a little to strong. But anyway there were a few fishing by the dam and they have not got a bite when I was there so I am glad I moved further out. Tried the spillway at the assiniboine river in portage today, the water opend up there but it is just to murky and muddy so I did not catch a thing but it was nice to cast a summer rod before the season is actually over ;D ;D.
People who work don't know how to fish!!

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #4 on: Mar 30, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Sound like the fishing is a little slow there, still great to get out. My one buddy said he has had great fishing in the river right by Portage nice walleye and a few good cats. I'm not sure the spot yet but he said he would show me in may! Can't wait ;D
True north strong and free

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.