FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening Day  (Read 4188 times)

gatortamer

Re: Opening Day
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 12:51 PM »
We'll be off to Stephen field near Carman.  The fishing is pretty slow usually, but its a good place to make sure the boat is a go, no current and it isn't that far to paddle if needed.

Fish Seeker

hey there fish seeker

am wondering what kind of fish you catch at stephenfield?
have been by it many times and have asked different people but never any answers
hope you will help me out here
thanks GT
Hunting and Fishing are life....The rest is just details !!

VEGETARIAN...OLD INDIAN WORD FOR BAD FISHER(PERSON).

chrisN

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 04:06 PM »
I'd like to launch my boat at Cats on the Red, but suspect the lineup to launch will be mighty long on opening morning.  So maybe shoreline fishing around Lockport instead.

where abouts on the shore will you be fishing?  We will be by the floodway. i always enjoy meeting new members 8)  And i agree that the lineups at Stus will be really long on opening day.  We usually wait a week after opening before we launch there.

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 04:35 PM »
I don't know? maybe I should have offered to help. He did ask me "hows it going?" I didn't repeat the question.

Should have asked him, "How's it hanging?", but if I got the drift of your earlier post, that would have been evident....

We might head to Stephenfield as well.  As I was out of town, I had my wife talk to Rond's about any spring service they recommend...$80 to connect the battery, run the motor, and check to see that everything still works...I have to hook up the battery to raise the motor to move it anyway, I can check electrical stuff without having them hit the switches, and can try the engine out myself.  I agree with the lack of current, lack of obstacles sort of thing at Stephenfield.  It is the boss's birthday on Sunday and there is a swap meet at the Ex grounds, so it still might turn out to be shore fishing on Saturday.

Derek

Fresh-Water Freak

• Born To fish Forced to........Go to school
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Still don't have a boat but we are sure that we are going to get one before this season is over ;D ;D.From what it looks like cats from shore on opening day.Can't wait. ;D ;D

Yellowtail
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

Fish Seeker

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 09:41 PM »
We'll be off to Stephen field near Carman.  The fishing is pretty slow usually, but its a good place to make sure the boat is a go, no current and it isn't that far to paddle if needed.

Fish Seeker

hey there fish seeker

am wondering what kind of fish you catch at stephenfield?
have been by it many times and have asked different people but never any answers
hope you will help me out here
thanks GT

Gatortamer, Stephenfield a provincial park with a little reservoir outside of Carman.  Its got a few small jackfish in it but gets a lot of angling pressure.  It looks like a nice campground  and beach.  Like I said the point for me is to test out the boat without worry of current, not to mention its close to where I store my boat

Fish seeker

Stevie B

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 09:56 AM »
For you guys that are asking about Stephenfield.  I go there about 2 or 3 times thought the season.  There is a few healthy population of nice eating size pike.  I have seen a couple in the 10lbs range there too.  Also alot of people don't realize it, but there is a decent population of perch in there too.  Later in the season you can get them along the weeds lines, slip bobber, small hook and minnow pieces work best.  There is a really nice campground there and a good beach too.  Perfect place to take the family for the weekend or day.

As far as the question, depending on wheather, if it is nice I will be in the Whiteshell, if it is bad wheather.....maybe look for a brown Tuffy out on Stephenfield.

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 11:05 AM »
ChrisN - If we're out that way, I'll definitely look for you.  My partner (perch pounder) and I haven't decided where we'll be yet, it depends a lot on the weather.  If the wind is down, we may even try a Whiteshell lake in my little boat.

grumpymoe

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2005, 11:19 AM »
looks like Sandy Lake for Mountainmama and I on saturday.......sunday is still undecided, and no doubt the weather/wind conditions will make up our minds for sunday....plans are to head out with BW on the 15th....Grump

fishguy

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 11:27 AM »
the mba angler crew will be taking names and kicking *ss at ldb. nice area good walleye, big northerns.

we did very well there last spring. year before big w was the ticket, with a crazy walleye bite. went to big w for opener last year and it sucked big time. moved over to lac du b. and slaughtered 'em! 8)

chrisN

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 04:17 PM »
i agree that Big W sucked last year on opener.  I got one 24" walleye and a couple little pike.

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 05:15 PM »
If we do get the boat out, it will be Sunday in the Legend V-151.  If you see us there, stop by and wish Suzanne a happy birthday...of course, it will be if she catches something.

Derek

Jumbo Master

• It's not a Passion, It's an obsession!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Icebraker and I will be hammering the Wallies at our honey hole at the diversion ;) ;), on the Assiniboine, good luck to all you guys and hope you fill your Quota's ;D ;D

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 04:40 AM »
Well the grumpster,MM and I are undecided however it looks like Sandy will be the place of choice for saturday.  Now to get on the topic of Stephenfield. This small lake hasa good population of decent pike and perch. It is quite rare to get skunked on this body of water.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Fresh-Water Freak

• Born To fish Forced to........Go to school
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Good luck on your outing BW hope you get some and the good thing is it is supposed to be nice weather. ;D ;D

Yellowtail
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Now to get on the topic of Stephenfield. This small lake hasa good population of decent pike and perch. It is quite rare to get skunked on this body of water.

I've managed to do it  ::) :o >:( :-\

Derek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.