FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Opening Day  (Read 4189 times)

grumpymoe

Opening Day
« on: May 06, 2005, 10:41 AM »
Hope this years opening day is nice weatherwise......originally had plans to take next thursday/friday and the weekend to do some laker fishing at Crow Lake Ontario.....one thing and another led to everyone having to cancel out due to work/family matters that are much more important....anyhow....as of right now, we still havent decided on where the new boat is going for the start of the new season....where's everyone headed for?????...Grump

Reelmaster

Re: Opening Day
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:06 PM »
All types of fish. Our season has been over since end of march for angling as there is a spawning period of no fishing. You guys are lucky you could still fish.  I think  I will go to the derby at whitemud if I am almost done seeding.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 01:55 PM »
I have to work opening weekend until wednesday come thursday I'm off and the fish are gonna have sore lips :evil:

wpgsteve

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 04:00 PM »
I cant wait for opening day, we are going to hit LDB.

Fresh-Water Freak

• Born To fish Forced to........Go to school
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Probobly going out for cats opening day on the red should be a blast. :clapping: :clapping: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I've been procrastinating, so I'm not certain whether or not the boat and trailer will be up to snuff.  There's a good chance we'll just fish from shore on the Red / Assiniboine.  I'll have to see how preparations go.  If the boat is ready, we may head someplace like Caddy or Star in the Whiteshell.

Hey, I've still got a week to decide...last year the gates at Minnewasta were closed on opening weekend, so I doubt that I would try to go there unless I find out for certain they'll be open.

Derek

chrisN

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 11:20 PM »
my dad is working so on saturday it will only be the shores of lockport for my friend and I.  we will be right by the floodway.  But sunday will hopefully be the whiteshell for some pike.

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 02:55 AM »
Red Deer Lake Ontario....lakers.  I know we don't have to wait for any date to fish lakers, but that is the first date we can get out there.

fly-in

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I have to work on opening day, but it is only for a few hours, so I should be able to fish in the afternoon for a while. Last night I went to check out the rat and red, the water looked good, but I scared a couple people away, the guy looked alittle undone.

Fresh-Water Freak

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 10:57 AM »
I have to work opening weekend until wednesday come thursday I'm off and the fish are gonna have sore lips :evil:
Good one. :laugh: :laugh: ;) ;) ;D ;D
NOTHING!! Beats The Feeeling Of Hearing That Drag Let Lose When You Set The Hook On Big Red River CAT!!

tk10fire

• Hope thats not my boat
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 12:11 AM »
I have to work on opening day, but it is only for a few hours, so I should be able to fish in the afternoon for a while. Last night I went to check out the rat and red, the water looked good, but I scared a couple people away, the guy looked alittle undone.

Realy what seemed to be the problem. ;D ;D
tk10fire

fly-in

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 08:49 AM »
I don't know? maybe I should have offered to help. He did ask me "hows it going?" I didn't repeat the question.

Fresh-Water Freak

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 09:31 AM »
Tahnks for the update hoping to go out there opening day for cats. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Seeker

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 10:41 AM »
We'll be off to Stephen field near Carman.  The fishing is pretty slow usually, but its a good place to make sure the boat is a go, no current and it isn't that far to paddle if needed.

Fish Seeker

Skiff

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Just relaxin' on the Red
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I'd like to launch my boat at Cats on the Red, but suspect the lineup to launch will be mighty long on opening morning.  So maybe shoreline fishing around Lockport instead.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.