FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sucker run  (Read 4050 times)

Ashnohgrimbatul

Sucker run
« on: Mar 15, 2004, 07:34 PM »
When does do the suckers usually run relative to ice breakup on the lakes in the Whiteshell?  I have seen it a couple time by chance, but this year I want to go out and grab a few for baits for some leech traps and for ice fishing next year.

grumpymoe

Re: Sucker run
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2004, 01:14 PM »
usually late may to early june on most lakes in the southern fishing division. creeks and small rivers with enough fish to walk on in places. great laker and northern bait.  :P :P

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2004, 02:06 PM »
Also great catfish bait to  ;) ;D

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Cool, thanks guys.  I'll keep my eyes open in mid may, let you know when I notice them starting to run.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:15 PM »
[ 8) 8) 8) trophy hunter please let me know when the suckers will be running on the Whitemud at Westbourne. I really need some for this upcoming channel cat season. Maybe you and I and my buddy grump can join for a day of sucker hunting. 8) 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2004, 08:25 PM »
suckers aren't all that bad, but the best bait if you go au natural, is goldeye belly. channel cat killer...oooooops...someone may be reading this!!! grump

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2004, 09:40 PM »
My grandmother always used to say  "When the plum trees are blooming, the suckers are running"
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2004, 09:29 AM »
I will let you guys know for sure ;D Iknow afew spots around home here.Although the whitemud is a decent spot by the culvert there is usually guys setting up big nets there they wont stretch the net all the wauy across but they zig zag a ways down >:( they got a trailer out there and everything .I like to hit them in the Assiniboine or out a the pad at delta but the river suckers were far superior bait the ones out of the lake were bigger but all eggs. : :P I also have a garbage bag full of tullibees collected from a friends cousin who is a commercial fisherman.Hey nobody said anything about goldeye heads my 41'' was caught using them ;D

lake_357

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2004, 12:09 PM »
Ash
  sucker belly great laker bait too used many times
excuses are like asses everybody has one and they all stink

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.