FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Spring Lakers  (Read 3929 times)

Ashnohgrimbatul

Spring Lakers
« on: Mar 16, 2004, 09:45 PM »
I have yet to catch a laker (I am a walleye fisherman) and want to go for them in the spring while they are shallow.  Are there any good lakes for lake trout that would be ice free before the regular season opens?  Davidson comes to mind, but I dont' know how good it is.  Also, I'm not opposed to going into Ontario, but don't really know where to go there either.

grumpymoe

Re: Spring Lakers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:55 AM »
crow (kakagi) lake north of nestor falls is my favourite. there are many other lakes that hold larger fish, but its my sentimental. hmmmmmmmm.........wonder if my wife would miss me early april???

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:22 PM »
 grump do you still have a wife after all that time on the hard water and computer ::) ::) ::) Oh that was hitting below the belt eh ;D ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

lake_357

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2004, 12:05 PM »
Hey Ash

if you dont mind spending a few buck george lake is worth the trip check out the web site   georgelakeoutfitters.com   lost of lakers in there or my fav. is clearwater up by the pas

davidson not really worth it have a cottage in the area and not a lot of lakers ever pulled out of there
excuses are like asses everybody has one and they all stink

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Clearwater by The Pas has my vote, huge pike also
True north strong and free

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:09 AM »
I'd love to take your guys advice and try Clearwater....but its a hella long way from my summer home (Pinawa).  I'll probably head into Ontario, maybe try Crow Lake (thx grumpy).

lake_357

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2004, 10:53 AM »
 well ash.

If i was in Pinawa I would be going in to george take the bout across the winnipeg river at point du bois and walk in and try from shore if you dont want to rent a boat. early spring is the time for shallow water lakers

Ashnohgrimbatul

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Lake 357

My dad said the same thing.  He used to ride his bike/walk into george Lake from point.  Is the trail easy to follow (will i get lost)?  How long of a walk is it?

lake_357

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2004, 08:34 PM »

Ash
  its a easy  to follow will not get lost not sure but think around a mile or so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.