FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: No boat  (Read 4536 times)

fishing_person

No boat
« on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:29 PM »
I don't own a boat therefore i am limited to shore fishing most of the season.  I was wondering if there are any good spots to fish (from shore of course).  I prefer walleye but also target other species.  Fished the Red too many times from shore! Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: No boat
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:57 PM »
You can try the whitemud river at Lynch's point. there is also the Portage Diversion. How about fairford river or lake manitoba narrows.If I think of any more i will let you know. ;)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

fishing_person

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2004, 08:35 AM »
Thanks Big Walleye.  Where exactly is the Portage diversion, and Lynch's Point.  I haven't explored that part of the province too much.  Thanks again.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2004, 06:37 PM »
the portage diversion is just south of Portage la Prairie. It is on the south side of the #1 highway. Lynch's point is north of westbourne .  8) 8) 8)

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2004, 11:11 AM »

Hey fishing_person I am in the same "boat" as you are  ;D also limited to of shore fishing. If you have not tried the portage diversion yet it is an awesome spot for early walleye my bigest last year was 24 1/2 inch. Aslo the assiniboine river has some great spots around portage as well. My friend and I were fishing in about 3 feet of water if that and he caught a 42 inch northern pike. Great catfish and carp fishing spot as well. I like the diversion because there is so many species you have a chance to catch even tho you only fish for walleye, it's almost like a kinder egg  ;D a new surprize every time.   ;) This spot dies in late summer tho the only thing you will be able to catch it cat's. Or at least it has bin for me specially last year with the water level's very very low.

Fishing is like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gone get!!

People who work don't know how to fish!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2004, 08:16 PM »
 :o :o :o hey icebraker what did your buddy do with the trophy pike??? Wow I love that river, Listen if you are up for it you are more than welcome to join me this spring and we can try in my boat the flooded sie of the dam. I have caught some nice walleye and huge cats on that side. just let me know!!! 8) 8) 8)

icebraker

• People who work don't know how to fish!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2004, 12:07 AM »
Big walleye , he took it home to mount it. it was funny tho because it had only 1/2 of it's tail and there was a jig hanging from it's lip. The way he caught it was when it attacked the lure he missed it jumping up after it again he missed it by a bit and the hook a jig got caught in it's eye that is why he could land it because he was fishing only with 10lbs. line and no leader. If the hook would have bin in it's mouth he would have bin long gone all ready. Had to fight him for a bit maybe 5 min because he had to give it line so it wount brake it but the spool was soon empty and he had to just hold him like that for a while before he could pull the fish in then i went in the water up to my knees and grabed it. Ya if you come out this way on a nice sunny day we can arange a sunny day full of fishing ;D ;D 8).
People who work don't know how to fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.