FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Xrhino's xcellent fishing xcursions UPDATE 9/20: GILLS BUT NO CATS...(Pg 4)  (Read 15570 times)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Nice pics from Lake Michigan.  Looks like my weekend on Lake Ontario.  What port did you fish out of?  What was your biggest fish?
We fish out of Kenosha in the very SE corner of Wisconsin.  The biggest fish was the Chinook I was holding.  We didn't put a scale on it, but I'd say it was around 14lbs.  They can run bigger, but that's a good start in my estimation.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Looks like you had an awesome weekend! Congrats and great pics  ;)
Thanks!  You should brave the east side of our state and get to Lake Michigan.  It's a blast!

Thats awesome.   Loved the sunrise photo with the rods, great fish, loved the fly fishing with smallies pic with the canoe on a line.   and then at the end you treated us with the tallship.    Great pics man.
Yeah, the canoe trip was a great walk down memory lane and the tallship made our morning in Sunday.

good to see a fellow bass on the fly angler around these parts...hella nice fish as well man...good job.
There aren't too many of us bass/fly guys around.  More than there used to be, but I still don't see that many of us.  That's the great thing here, we wouldn't know each other existed if it weren't for MFF.

Pikeguy

Thanks!  You should brave the east side of our state and get to Lake Michigan.  It's a blast!

We should get together and discuss it!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
We should get together and discuss it!
Too bad we can't drink beer over a PM. ;D  I'll let you know when the tourney's are over and we have a spot open on the boat.  Once that happens, you'll be more than welcome.

Pikeguy

Too bad we can't drink beer over a PM. ;D  I'll let you know when the tourney's are over and we have a spot open on the boat.  Once that happens, you'll be more than welcome.

Sounds good to me  ;D

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
nice work good luck in the tournys.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

wny angler

nice salmon
looks like a good time out on the big lake.

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
My friend Brian and I went to our fishing trailer this weekend for our annual Mississippi smallie excursion.

We had quite the little adventure in an area they call the chutes.  It's basically hundreds of little islands where the Black river runs into the Mississippi to form Lake Onalaska.  There's tons of water with lots of braided currents, sandbars, rocks, and stumps -- basically smallie heaven.

To make a five hour ordeal short, we got very "turned around."  We've been going up there for years without a problem, but the water was just high enough to make everything look a little different.  It was pouring for the first hour, just to add to the fun.  I was out of the boat countless times to pull us over a sandbar to what we hoped was they way out, only to find another dead end.  I stepped off the edge of one bar and barely clambered back into the bow.  We were never really in serious trouble and actually had a good time laughing at ourselves.  Brian kept spouting made-up headlines like, "TWO FISHERMEN FOUND CLINGING TO ISLAND" -- When asked what they needed they replied 'beer and deet.' "  ;D

I took this one when we finally found Gibb's chute, our way home.

No smallies on this trip, but we got a good story out of it.  I'm sure that it will become more and more perilous in the telling, until finally, years from now, we will have actually spent two nights surviving on river water and cat tail roots. ;)

Later we decided to stay in the lake and fish for gills.  We didn't find the big ones, but the ones we did find were very cooperative.  We caught them two at a time more often than not.  As you can see color made no difference.  We ended up throwing what I would consider really big bluegill stuff to catch the moderate sized ones we kept.  Beetle spins, little cleos, kastmasters, roadrunners, all the stuff you would normally throw at schooling white bass.  It was a blast.

I caught one nice crappie that warranted a minor celebration.

We sorted through the dinks and kept 15, which resulted in a nice little pile of meat.

We'll be back up in September, hopefully for a few more smallies and little less adventure.

Pikeguy

Lucas! I was on the river down by Trempeleau! Not far from you. Sounds like an "interesting" trip. Is that Blatz????  :D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Lucas! I was on the river down by Trempeleau! Not far from you. Sounds like an "interesting" trip. Is that Blatz????  :D
How'd you do?  I was going to invite you on Friday, but you weren't around.  Yes it's Blatz. $7.49/case and it isn't that bad after the first 5 or 6. ;)

Pikeguy

How'd you do?  I was going to invite you on Friday, but you weren't around.  Yes it's Blatz. $7.49/case and it isn't that bad after the first 5 or 6. ;)

It was a golf trip/ go to a friends cabin get drunk and go for a boat ride.. no fishing  :-\  I love Blatz! It's definitely different though. It's a "once every great while" kinda beer  ;D

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
It was a golf trip/ go to a friends cabin get drunk and go for a boat ride.. no fishing  :-\  I love Blatz! It's definitely different though. It's a "once every great while" kinda beer  ;D

I have two distinctly different beer cravings.  Sometimes I want a good quality microbrew.  Other times I can't suck down enough Blatz or PBR.

archbishop

Other times I can't suck down enough Blatz or PBR.

id rather lick a window :laugh:

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
id rather lick a window :laugh:
At first I though you said "widow."   :w00t:

Pikeguy

At first I though you said "widow."   :w00t:

;D ;D  Blatz is only good in small doses  ;D  Unless you like sittin on a toilet. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.