FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Muck Boots  (Read 589 times)

myemmy

Muck Boots
« on: Apr 19, 2024, 04:33 PM »
Anyone using the muck boots what’s your take on them???

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Muck Boots
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2024, 04:37 PM »
Very hard to get my big feet in them..
Not saying I don’t like them because once I get them on I’m fine. Except they don’t have a kick heel and I can’t bend over anymore to pull them off..😎
Lacross is way better..✌️
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

62 & Done

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2024, 05:30 PM »
I have to echo Raquett's assessment. I have to use a boot jack to get them off. I feel they're good boots for a while , but the lining wears out much too fast. I buy Lacross now.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2024, 05:45 PM »
i'm with the Lacross section myself
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Pequod1

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2024, 04:25 AM »
I love them.  I usually wear size 12 shoes so I bought a size 13 woody max.  It is one of the tallest if not the tallest boot they make. They are great for fall archery but not warm enough for ice fishing or late muzzleloader for me. Just my own preference.  I bought a heavier muck ice boot that takes care of that.  I have no problems kicking them off and at home I have a boot remover that I simply step in to. Real simple and easy.
My only negative, and it is a big one, they seem to last only about three or four years before the bottom sole starts to come off.  I glued mine back on for another couple years before buying new ones.  I wear them all the time from archery through early boat season ( now).  Really handy this time of year with no docks in at most ramps.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2024, 04:59 AM »
I have had a pair for at least 10 years. Only wear them deer hunting and snow blowing. I don't tromp the woods much but they keep my feet warm while sitting with just ankle socks. They can be hard to get off without a boot jack....h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2024, 06:01 AM »
 I have a pair of artic ice they are designated just for ice fishing ,my feet are warm but the boot shaft
 Is a bit stiff for walking ,
 I have a pair of lacrosse burlys I wear 
 With a little hottie felt sole in ,  for warm and wicking and good for all around use ,
 Very comfortable for walking ,

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2024, 06:10 AM »
ice fishing ...mickey mouse boots
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2024, 07:11 AM »
I have the arctic ice.  Warm but not impressed wuth how quickly they cracked and leak.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2024, 12:26 PM »
Dryshod boots for me. Working on a golf course tests your footwear every day. Comfortable, warm, dry and they last. Mucks don’t hold up as well.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinjohn

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2024, 01:09 PM »
Bought 4 pairs in total.. myself 2 pair and a pair for each of my boys... I will not waste my money on them anymore..  to exho others, no kick heel and they do not last.. my feet sweat horrible in them and my feet end up cold ...
I've ended up going to cheap off brand boots.. when they dry rot and leak I throw away and I'm not throwing away alot of money.. they seem to last just about as long also

filetandrelease

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2024, 04:27 PM »
 Far as dry-rot just armor all them , I’ve been doing that on my hip waders and my lacrosse burlys  for years ,

62 & Done

« Reply #12 on: Apr 20, 2024, 06:59 PM »
One problem I have with the tall boots is that sometimes the back off the boot will catch on the bottom of a tree stand seat. This only happens with my ladder stands and it makes no matter what brand. It is actually a little unnerving to try to stand up cautiously and find your foot stuck.  kinda sucks.

reeleyz

« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2024, 09:05 AM »
I am have a pair of Arctic Pro Mucks. I love them. The only issue I have is the soles are really hard when it’s cold so walking on anything close to slippery can be tough. They have lasted twice as long as any lacrosse boots that I have owned.

Pequod1

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2024, 11:59 AM »
Yep. That’s the name of the ice boots I wear. Arctic ice muck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.